Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been invited to Europa Subaru in Sheff for the unveiling of the new Legacy and Outback. Dunno why though. A free slurp of fizzy vinegar and a test drive might be on the cards. Wangled me an '09 foz before, now it's a '10 Legacy :woohoo:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Enjoy.......not as good as the £50 some of us got for looking at the SH foz pre-launch mind....

Simon

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,210 Posts
Give us the full SP when you have been. It got a bit of a panning in autocar.co.uk and this week's paper Autocar mag... see Subaru Legacy Tourer - Autocar.co.uk

But beyond that, the new Legacy fails to shine. Awkward gear ratios and a clunky gearshift make it hard work in town, while an unsettled ride and lacklustre handling compromise its appeal elsewhere.

In trying to appeal to a different market, the new Legacy has lost the unpretentious honesty that made its predecessor so likeable and compromises on too many key points. Even in this, its best guise, it falls well short of the class best, which is why it fails to make our top five.
And they used to like the previous Legacy.

-- Steve

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must say looking at pics of it in mags and on t'internet, it's not pretty. Has the look of some Korean BOS. We'll see, and reserve judgement till the 19th.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Aye, for a free £50 you would LOL....good fun, if only it wasn't the start of our disapointment with the new Forester!

Simon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Been invited to Europa Subaru in Sheff for the unveiling of the new Legacy and Outback. Dunno why though. A free slurp of fizzy vinegar and a test drive might be on the cards. Wangled me an '09 foz before, now it's a '10 Legacy :woohoo:
Maybe the importers are getting desperate ...UK Subaru sales Jan -Oct are down by 30% . Only 232 cars reg in Oct & YTD 2977 v 4332 last year 08.
So spending all those £'s on the marketing campaign has to show a growth somewhere.
Unlike in USA where cars competitive priced+ low % rates for new models and sales are up against 2008 + 41%.
Forester sales 5169 Oct 2009 v 4558 Oct 2008.
Food for thought......

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything which lets me thrash a spanking new Subaru around the Yorkshire Dales works for me. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa.

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
962 Posts
Anything which lets me thrash a spanking new Subaru around the Yorkshire Dales works for me. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa.
I still have imprinted that very scary 'rear view mirror' moment of you trying to fall off the mountain, only to be saved by bouncing off some poor soul travelling in t'other direction, so the thoughts of you spanking a new Subaru around the Dales, oh dear :crazy: :icon_wink:

The 19th you say :raspberry:

ps: shame they didn't put the Diesel into the late model SG's :shrug:

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,210 Posts
Unlike in USA where cars competitive priced+ low % rates for new models and sales are up against 2008 + 41%.
Plus I think many USAns sees Forester and perhaps other Subarus differently - an economy-minded choice in tune with these leaner times and people are turning to them as they downsize from (really seriously) gas-guzzling SUVs. Whereas here, Subarus are seen as very thirsty vehicles and hence out of tune with the times etc. Even if, with the coming of the diesel, that's no longer quite so true. Too little too late, especially as Subaru traditionally shift a high (for the UK) proportion of automatics, and the diesel is manual only.

My local dealer appeared to have no (zero) (0) actual new Subaru demonstration vehicles or, as far as I could see, any new car stock at all when I was in for a service last week. They didn't even have a brochure for the Forester. So it's not surprising they aren't selling any. Subaru UK have a new managing director, let's hope he can sort things out.

-- Steve

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^R5oss^^ Yes, I agree entirely. Trying to use the rear quarter panel of that Qashqai to cure my under steer was very silly. Be still my puckering ring piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts