Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm probably going with a set of steel grey slipstreams 17x7.5 +45mm offset. Besides the wheels I'm going to leave the car stock. Will this offset look good? Will it even look much different from the stock +48?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
the slipstream is a classic looking wheel and looks good on everything ive seen it on from foresters to civics. my standard disclaim for SH drivers, 17s are too small

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
the slipstream is a classic looking wheel and looks good on everything ive seen it on from foresters to civics. my standard disclaim for SH drivers, 17s are too small
Agreed. The other part of the equation is the Slipstream has a thick lip and short/thick spokes, which makes it look even smaller in diameter. If looks are not important, the wheel in that size should fit with no problems. :)

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
IMO 17's are fine. the larger rim usually means more expensive tires. Do a search on tirerack or DTD and make sure.

The offset will move the tire 3mm OUT. This means a problem area (the rear passenger door with the clear film) will likely take more abuse. 3mm shouldn't effect your bearings.

Coming from a 09 owner, the stock tires are expensive enough why make it more expensive if you are simply wanting to improve the look of stock rims. Stay with 17x7.5.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
I don't see how they can be more expensive than the stockers...geez $180 per tire for stockers. :D

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,324 Posts
I had that exact size and offset on my '10 and I couldn't tell any difference between stock visually. I have rally armor mud flaps so I can't say the sides would have taken more abuse, but I took those wheels off because they indeed looked WAYYYYYY too small for the Fozzy. I don't think you'll like the look of them once they're on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts