Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a "10 Foz with the Clarion CP604U1 single disc changer. Got a 6 disc Panasonic head unit (PP644U6) I would like to swap with the single. Harness looks like a an easy swap, but the antenna cables are different. I would like to avoid cutting off connectors. I have to get the large coax with a standard banana plug into the Panasonic's thin coax with the plastic clip connector. Is there an adaptor to accomplish this? Even if I can get the plastic clip connector (female) I can solder on a female banana connector to get signal into the radio. Does anyone know if its possible to get this connector or a work around to get large coax into a radio with the thin stuff?

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
They make adapters for that. If you want to deal locally, Best Buy probably has what you need. If you want to order on line, I'm sure Sonic Electronix will have it.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet...thanks. I don't know why I always assume Subaru has these proprietary connectors! DUH. Sure enough, Best Buy has it for $14.90.
I'll be heading out for one right now....Thx again.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
25 Posts
I just did the same swap and found that there is already an adapter cable in the vehicle.

If you look further down the antenna cable (about 10" from the round antenna plug), you will find there is a junction where there is the plastic clip connector that will mate to the cable from the 6-CD head.

Just unplug the old cable at that point, plug in the new cable and life is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts