Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking and reading for a while now, but I think this is my first post. I know there are going to be 300 people tell me to "search", but, I don't have time to spend hours digging through posts looking for answers. Here we go! I have a 2007 2.5x auto rooster, and the stock geos (60k) are just about done. I would like to know (from someone that actually has the same vehicle and same tires) what is the largest tire that will fit with absolutely NO rubbing, both with and without the one inch spacer lift f/r. My reasoning is, if I buy new tires, I have to get an alignment, and if I have to get an alignment, I might as well well install a spacer lift while I'm at it (makes complete sense to me). But, if the lift doesn't allow for a larger tire with the stock steelies, it is a waste of money. I don't mean to be rude but I would only like to hear from people that have actually done something similar to what I want. Very often on here someone asks a question and gets pounced on with no resolution and plenty of poo-poo comments. A different tire choice is cool, but I'd like an all terrain. BFG ATs would be great but I wish they made a size that would be even close. Thanks for any help, sorry for the demands.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Since you have time to wait watching this thread for an update, I can't offer you any advice as what to do because I would have to SEARCH to help you with any answers. I can't think of anyone who has done exactly what you want to do. So I am going to close this thread.

·
Administrator
16,390 Posts
Let me add that a spacer lift does not allow for a larger tyre because the distance between your hub and the spring perch remains exactly the same. I have 15" wheels and BFG AT's but have had lots of mods to allow this setup. Have a look around the Offroad section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.