Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Denied a pint in Britain's highest pub. :icon_sad:

But at least the scenery was nice...

View from The Punch Bowl Inn, Reeth. 01.01.10

On the way up to Tann Hill.

With more snow on the horizon we turned around and headed back to Reeth.

Reeth to Leybern road over the moors...

The road from Masham to A1. It put this down in 10 mins.

mdg

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
I was up at the cat and fiddle yesterday late afternoon and derbyshire council had ploughed upto the pub from buxton but all the way down to macc was unploughed and un treated. (way to go cheshire council, you cost cutting, money grabbing bum wipes) Needless to say the road was closed. Again!

There was quite a few of the usual morons trying to go up the hill in their two wheel drive euro crap boxes and sliding about all over the road! Over took some muppet in a 3 series whos answer to wheel spin was more power!

Looks like you had a nice time up at tan hill, pity you didnt make it to the pub, sure they'd have been pleased to see you.

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts

Mean man, you didn't call in, but I see you made your loved ones get out and pull you.

Saw the TV report on Tann Hill, oooh :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
You rotten teasing bar stewards, we've still only had a max of 1/4" at any one time (grand total maybe 3/8"), you are all just teasing me aren't you, its a conspiracy, go on admit it!

Simon

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Pics, did you have to use the low ratio gears?

Regards.

Alan MaC
No not once . No need really as i was using momentum and high 2nd/3rd at around 1500 revs or below to get us through. Wish I'd have known the landlord from Tann Hill was unable to get back for three days. Would have stayed there instead.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Mean man, you didn't call in, but I see you made your loved ones get out and pull you.

Saw the TV report on Tann Hill, oooh :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:
Thats what passes for local talent around the moors. The farmers must get awfull lonesome. :icon_wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.