Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT 5MT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been meaning to post this up but things have been busy with work and doing other stuff to the forester. Back about a month ago volunteered at Wicked Big Meet and over the course of the day met someone that had a hitch in their car they were looking to let go of and also needing a hitch happily took it with me and drove the 3.5 hours back home with it. Finally had the time to see if it fits and sadly it does not. Between picking it up and today, I've wire-wheeled the whole thing sand then primed, painted, and undercoated the hitch (no undercoat on the chassis mating surface) so its good to go if it fits your car. Driving out to Colorado in about a month from Vermont, so if you're in the Vermont area or along I-70 in that space range this is an option for you.

TDLR. Free Hitch with no rust and fresh coat of paint. Located in Vermont now, and taking my foz cross country so if you're interested and along the way let me know. Way too early in the morning to go turning on lights for pictures so I'll get some posted up during the day so I don't get hit over the head tonight :LOL:

Edit: Looks just like this one available from Curt
Curt Hitch

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT 5MT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After cleaning it up, I have tried installing it on my 04 fxt and the bolt holes line up with mine and can be secured, but exhaust hangar hole does not. Another fitment issue I encountered was that it was pulled up about 1/2" above the bumper making it tough to get anything into the hitch itself.

As promised pictures attached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.