Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
09 FXT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am not a newb to Turbo Subbies and 02-07 Impreza suspension. I am however a total newb at this FXT.

Its for my sister and its just a DD, it will never see track and will spend its life in Downtown Toronto. She loves a good handling vehicle, it was hard for her to pick the fxt over the non-Turbo with Sport suspension.

I havent quite gotten the vehicle but a quick sweep underneath looked like it shares the suspension design from the new Impreza/Leggy/STi

What swaybars can I put on the truck and I am wondering what suspension parts swap over...the goal would be to lower it and run it @ wagon/sedan ride heights not trucklet ride heights. She doesnt need the clearence that it comes with, just the space, she would ideally have bought a LGT but she thinks they look fugly (I agree) Please dont ask me to drap it on Teins or BC or Stance etc. I will consider springs/struts and coilovers as options. Can LGT or Impreza coilovers/springs directly work?

What other upgrades are suggested to get just a tighter and sportier feel out of it? I droove it hard and it gets pretty nervous and unsettling over mid corner bumps, the rear almost hops sideways....the sporttech in that sense was much better.

TIA

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring 5M
447 Posts
Do the rear sway bar for any 2009 STI sway / endlink it will fit on the SH.

Swap the OEM coil to swifts coil is what alot of users have done it will reduce the clearance by +- 1 inch.

there is alot of information you can find surfing the forum it all depend what she will do with it.

But for a DD change to swift and rear sway bar will make a good upgrade.

protune stage 2 next?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts