Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its been covered, sorry. I'm posting from my blackberry.

So, we bought a new 2010x and were looking at adding audio upgrades. Oem tweeters are $71 + 109 labor to install. Has anyone installed these or does anyone have detailed photos of how to do this?

Tia.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
I ordered the tweeters from my dealer a few days ago. I'm planning on installing myself thanks to the help of the post from a month ago. It sounds pretty easy.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
Easy it is. I installed mine in the dealer's parking lot in less than 10 minutes total!!

Easiest mod to the stereo that really ads separation and definition to the music.
Subaru really cheaped out by not including the tweeters on every trim level.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
It's super easy to break off the clips that hold the stock plastic cover in place. Other than that, it is as easy as pulling the cover off and replacing it. You have to fiddle with the tweeter a bit to get it to fit in the housing. Definitely a worth while upgrade.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
took me 5 minutes in the dealership parking lot

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Got the call from the dealer last night. My tweeter kit has arrived:woohoo:. I'm hoping to hook-'er up tonite:Banane08:.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Just go for it, it's a 5 minute DiY job and actually makes a decent improvement
I didn't get around to it last night. Started watching the playoffs(NHL), and couldn't pull myself away:N_poke:.. Today for sure.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
I got a PM about someone worrying about breaking the clips. I say, why sweat it? Are you really going to pull out the stock tweeters if you sell the car? So break the clips on the panel (because you wont need it any more), the tweeters come with their own housing. If you like music and you like to hear all of the instruments...then you best be ordering a set of tweeters!

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
$109 labor install for tweeters?!?!?!?! Dude, thats an easy 5 minute DIY install. Use that leftover $100 for a new sub or something :biggrin:

Anyways, Just roll down the window, pop off the plastic triangle piece, attach the tweeter to the inside of the provided housing, attach the already pre-run wire and pop that tweeter back in place.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Installed mine after work today. Piece of cake. So simple a child could do it:).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts