Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asked to post up a few pics in regards to the suspension for a while now... I finally have some to show.
Adjustable coilovers for an '09 STI were modified to work on the forester. The rear's went in without an issue, however the shock bracket on the fronts had to be machined out to fit, as the spacing of the two mounting bolts is not the same.
Wheels are 18" X 8" with a 245 tire. Plenty of room for more. I went with a larger sidewall as the smaller profiles just looked out of place on the larger body... Total drop is right around 4".

A new intake manifold is in the works.
Future mods include a GT4088, amongst many others....

Roof racks removed (huge pain in the a**)

Custom exhaust, exits just behind front passenger tire. The turbocharger will replace the muffler, sitting in the same location.

Rear suspension

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
I like it!

Did you have to pull the headliner to remove the roof rails? Can you take a close up picture of the roof? I'd like to see how everything turned out. Thanks!

·
Registered
'09 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it!

Did you have to pull the headliner to remove the roof rails? Can you take a close up picture of the roof? I'd like to see how everything turned out. Thanks!
You can leave it in place in the center, but the rear section has to be pulled down to access the bolts. the front isnt as bad as you can reach them through the sunroof once its down a few inches.

I'll go take a pic of the roof as is before it gets dark...

·
Registered
'09 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks super sleek with no roof rails... nice stance too!

more details on your turbo project and very unique side exit exhaust please
Thanks. I'll be puting the car up on the lift tomorrow or tuesday so I'll get a few shots of the exhaust.
Not much to show for the turbo buildup just yet other than cad drawings... motor will be sleeved, new intake/exhaust manifolds, aux. injection...etc.

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Be careful with that exhaust exiting there. The SCCA requires the exhaust to exit behind all passenger doors because it's easy for the noxious fumes to enter into the cabin while sitting in traffic or at a stop light.

Great looking stance though.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
any info on how you removed the head liner in the rear? I need to snake some wires from the hatch (back-up cam) in through there but I'm a little iffy on how to get those top panels down.

·
Registered
'09 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Guys.
As far as removing the headliner, the side panels in the back have to come out first... then the panels along the rear seats, the B pillars, A pillars, grab handles, sun visors, and finally the trim ring that lines the moon roof. Its quite a task. If I had to do it again it would be much easier, but I'd rather not! I have my battery mounted in the rear (spare tire well), and the cable is routed underneath the rear seats, and along the door sills... much easier to go that route.

A few more from earlier tonight finishing up the exhaust...

·
Registered
'09 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must have missed it but what did you do about the bolt holes for teh roof rails?
It was my intention to order the base model trim piece that spans the channel on each side of the roof, as the it has no racks from the factory... but the dealership could not give me a part number for these at the time. My quick fix was electrical tape. I'm not one to support ghetto mods, but I have to say this works very well...

·
Registered
2007 Forester SportsXT AT
1,660 Posts
I lightened the picture a little so I could see the wheel gap, hope you don't mind.

now all you gotta do is black out those tails.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts