Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Manual
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum here and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 09 Forester Manual non-turbo model and I am having issues. A few days ago the car was running fine then all of a sudden the traction control, check engine light turned on with the cruise control light blinking. Now the lights are no longer on but when I am driving and I put the car in neutral the rpm's drop to almost 0 and when the needle drops to the lowest point, the traction control light will turn on and the go away when the rpm's go back to normal idling. I just purchased the car used a few months ago and after I got it I did some normal maintenance. I read a few post regarding the check engine light and people say gas cap, oil filter problems etc. I recently did a oil change and replaced the oil, air and cabin filters. I checked the obd2 reader and the only thing it read was cylinder 4 misfire. When I checked the spark plugs it seemed like the previous owner did not tighten the spark plugs because the were all lose and covered in oil so I replaced the spark plugs and wires but I am still having the rpm drop. So I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and could point me in the right direction. I am able to post the logs from the obd2 if that will help. Thank you guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts