Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my (09 xt) Subie, it didn't have a sub woofer. I had to have it installed. It helped a lot, but now I want to change out the HU to a Navi system with more power. I would like to use the same factory sub, but was told that it won't hook up to the (Pioneer) navi unit.
My question is; has anyone out there found a decent Navigation/Audio system that allows the stock subwoofer to be used?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
'09 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I think I answered my own question.
No one makes a harness that will plug an aftermarket head unit into the factory (under the seat) sub woofer.

So I now have two choices:
1. Make a custom harness.
2. Keep the current head unit and just ad an amp.

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
You can use the factory sub.

See here: Stock head unit information -- pin-outs, aux inputs, and more - NASIOC

See post #4 and then down to#11 (it goes on down a bit)

The powered factory sub just needs to T'd into the speaker level outputs from the HU as it is from factory or dealer fit.

But even simpler, if you get a new forward harness/wiring adaptor to adapt the new HU to the factory HU plug it should be plug and play - the sub plug will remain T'd into the factory HU harness/plug and you forward harness goes on the front to adapt to the new HU - simple (once you work out all the wiring..... - however the posts on NASIOC will help).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts