Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X Ltd Auto
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Center-mounted rear view mirror in excellent condition, salvaged from a wrecked 2010 Forester. It had the "dim compass" problem*, but that has been repaired and tests out fine.

*When the compass crapped out (common problem with resistors on the PCB loosening with time and heat), I went to a salvage yard and picked up a spare; that one crapped out too, so I ended up doing the DIY fix on both of them and now have a surplus mirror. (Both work perfectly; my 2009 stock mirror has been going strong for over a year since the repair, and this one tested perfectly for the few weeks that I had it installed in the car. Compass does not dim unexpectedly, and the auto-dimming/light reactivity feature has always worked fine.) The mirror for sale is the repaired spare, from the 2010.

Item will ship from Chicago, IL, USA. Buyer pays calculated shipping based on your location.

Details on the fix I performed: forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2309488

I paid $30 for this one at the yard so am looking for that, but will entertain reasonable offers.

Thanks for your interest.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.