Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If someone who has an 09/10 could pull the cluster and measure the dimensions and snap off some shots of the connectors it would be immensely helpful.

If the connectors are the same the pin outs likely are not, but that can be rearranged, but I would have to know the pin outs for both models to make it work.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
Unlikely, as the '09 is CAN-BUS and many functions don't have individual signal or supply wires. Pretty sure the SG isn't like that...

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Unlikely, as the '09 is CAN-BUS and many functions don't have individual signal or supply wires. Pretty sure the SG isn't like that...
I think you are going to be right on this one. The 09 Can-Bus will have functions that the previous generations didn't, but pretty sure the SG's went to a Can-Bus system in 07 as well, that would have different functions than the 09-10's. I wonder if the gauge sweep is a feature of the Can-Bus or a feature built into the Gauge pod assembly activated upon receiving power?

Previously there have been threads from Canadians who have bought US models wanting to convert there speedos and odometers from Miles over to Kilometers. My mechanic who is a Subaru tech, researched it and found it was a pretty costly affair for the pod assembly and the dash having to be removed to get at all the wiring. It's a similar approach that you'd be looking at, maybe try pricing a pod and go from there. I don't know about the states but if a speedo/odometer is changed you have to report it to the ministry of transportation because you are now zeroing the odometer reading and that would show up when you sell the car and is disclosed upon registration. That might not be an issue for a buyer of let's say a vintage or classic car that has been restored, but might be more of an issue on a newer vehicle.

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer... :(

Someone would have to make a standard (analog?) output from the existing sensors in the car to go into a canbus controller to hook to the new gauge cluster.

Sounds like a lot of work, and as neoshi said, it is unfeasible due to the cost.

Now we know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts