Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned many cars that will clear built up dew/condensation just by rolling the windows down and back up.
Not my 09’ Forester, doesn’t even touch it. Is it just mine or do others with a 09’ have the same problem?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
yeah, the felt seals don't seem to touch the glass when it's moving. A gentle outwards press on the glass as it lowers sorts it for me.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
Yeah, same annoyance. My Taurus' windows would clear (the outside) of ranin drops, condensation, etc, by rolling down but subie 09 won't do it.
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, the felt seals don't seem to touch the glass when it's moving. A gentle outwards press on the glass as it lowers sorts it for me.
Yeah, same annoyance. My Taurus' windows would clear (the outside) of ranin drops, condensation, etc, by rolling down but subie 09 won't do it.
Steve
09 2.5X AT
Thanks guys, nice to know it’s not just my 09’. I’ve come accustomed to running around the car with a small squeegee.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Try picking up some glass stripper, to clean the glass. I'm sure similar products are available in the states.
Moisture (dew included) has to cling to something and even a freshly washed car will still have small amounts of pollution, oils and such even from the rain. Besides periodically cleaning the interior windows more often (that helped with my fogging) I bought some glass stripper and clean the outside now as well. It may be a design issue with the SH model, but when you see a dirty cloth after cleaning a window that's been washed and dried you might want to try it.

! You do need to keep the cleaner off paint !

·
Registered
2009 Forester (MT)
226 Posts
I’ve owned many cars that will clear built up dew/condensation just by rolling the windows down and back up.
Not my 09’ Forester, doesn’t even touch it. Is it just mine or do others with a 09’ have the same problem?
The condensation should be removed by turning the heater blower to number 4 or so, and the airflow direction to defrost. When you do that, the AC kicks in and aids with the removal of condensation.

However, sometimes there is a lot of moisture on the floor mats and carpet underneath. Some of this moisture could be from rain or snow on your shoes when you step into the car, and from the AC drain hose. The latter can happen if the drain hose is not routed properly and dumps moisture inside the car.

I decided to discard the floor mats that came with my Forester, and to buy a set of WeatherTech floor mats. If I drag any snow or rain into the Forester, these accumulate on the floor mat, but it does not drain into the carpet below. All I do is to either remove the floor mat and dry it with a towel, or just dry it with a towel without removing it from the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts