Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the mounts different on these or just the bushing. I think I am going to try out an STI rear bar on my 2010 XT and want to know if I need new mounts also.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
The mount is exactly the same. You only need the STI bushing to acomodate the larger bar. This is a noticable upgrade but I do still think something more is needed. I have a set of swift springs in mine and combined with the STI rear bar it is now perfect.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton. I was thinking that was the case. I am going to order up the bar and bushings today. I will keep the stock links for now.

The the Swifts are in the garage pending a few hours free time and new performance tires too.

This is the same setup I had on my 2004 and I thought it was perfect for me too.

Since this car is not being tracked or really pushed hard this should work well.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
The mount is exactly the same. You only need the STI bushing to acomodate the larger bar. This is a noticable upgrade but I do still think something more is needed. I have a set of swift springs in mine and combined with the STI rear bar it is now perfect.
How long have you had your Swifts? I feel like, since mine broke in, they are too soft...

I've got the same mods as you.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
94 Posts
Frito - Don't buy it from a dealer. Troll Nasioc.com for a used on. I got mine for $40 with bushings, mount and bolts. No shipping involved as the guy was somewhat local but I wo9uld think you could get a similar deal.

Cuddles - I have had mine in for about 6 months. Perfect is subjective. To me they are a good setup because this is my winter and rainy day summer car. I have a Miata with Coilovers and a bunch of other stuff for sunny days and aggressive driving. So when driving my forester it is only to get me to and from somwhere. I may still be driving more aggressively than most but not too much so. I have actually been told that I drive my Foz like a grandpa (which I am).

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mdgalv - Thanks for the tip. I have been trolling a bit but and I put out a WTB but I am trying to get everything done pretty fast...

I ordered the bar straight away this morning :woohoo: The bar was only $68 and the brackets bushings were around $6. I had other things coming from the dealer so shipping won't change much.

The cool thing is I asked for a 2010 STI bar. Turns out in 2010 there are two bars. One 18mm and one 19mm. 2008-2009 was the 18mm. Guess which one is coming :biggrin:

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
The cool thing is I asked for a 2010 STI bar. Turns out in 2010 there are two bars. One 18mm and one 19mm. 2008-2009 was the 18mm. Guess which one is coming :biggrin:
Now THAT is nice to know. Would love to find out immediately if the 19mm one fits because my parts guy told me he could hook me up with a really good price so for that cheap I'd easily swing that

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not sure the rear of your X but fit for the XT should be spot on. I ordered the bushing for it as well.

I was a bit surprised at the 19mm. Not sure what this is spec'd for or if they did a mid year change. I ordered mine from Jackie at Annapolis and her pricing is good.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
The rear on the X and the XT are identical, the fronts however are completely different

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was what I thought. I don't know why the 19mm should be any different for rear fit then. Order up.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
That was what I thought. I don't know why the 19mm should be any different for rear fit then. Order up.
yeah I guess, is anyone positive that the '10 STi RSB is the same as the '08 and '09? I'm gonna hit my guy up now and order it anyway though

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Every third part vendor lists their bars as 08+. Do it man c'mon be brave :biggrin: Do get the bushings. I opted to not do the links at this time.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Frito - Don't buy it from a dealer. Troll Nasioc.com for a used on. I got mine for $40 with bushings, mount and bolts. No shipping involved as the guy was somewhat local but I wo9uld think you could get a similar deal.

Cuddles - I have had mine in for about 6 months. Perfect is subjective. To me they are a good setup because this is my winter and rainy day summer car. I have a Miata with Coilovers and a bunch of other stuff for sunny days and aggressive driving. So when driving my forester it is only to get me to and from somwhere. I may still be driving more aggressively than most but not too much so. I have actually been told that I drive my Foz like a grandpa (which I am).
I also am told I drive like a grandma. :crazy:

Course, no one usually rides with me if I get a wild hair to drive aggressively. I wish the STi springs didn't drop it soo much.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Every third part vendor lists their bars as 08+. Do it man c'mon be brave :biggrin: Do get the bushings. I opted to not do the links at this time.
I got a quote of $6 each for the bushings so I'll be definitely getting them. Ok, I'm going to email my guy now and see if he'll order it up

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring
75 Posts
FYI, the 19 mm 2010 STi rear sway bar is from the 2010 STi Special Edition that uses some of the Spec-C suspension parts from Japan. I didn't know that these parts were separately available yet from the US dealers.

frito, do you have a part number handy for the 19 mm bar and bushings that you ordered? I'm very curious to see if the 19 mm vs. 18 mm bar works even better on the SH Forester.

mdgalv - Thanks for the tip. I have been trolling a bit but and I put out a WTB but I am trying to get everything done pretty fast...

I ordered the bar straight away this morning :woohoo: The bar was only $68 and the brackets bushings were around $6. I had other things coming from the dealer so shipping won't change much.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the NA front I think Rallitek stocks it.

For me an my new 19mm bar I have been told NOT SO FAST BUDDY. Not released until next month. No problem I can wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts