Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented or looked at the 08+ STI dual tip (quad) exhaust on the FXT? I have an 07 and found one one off an 08 STI really cheap. I like the look, but wonder if there's room. Does anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i would think with the 09+ fxt it might work since when PIA did their swap they said the wrx SPT exhaust fit like it was made for it. But i doubt it would fit a 03-08 since they have the single exhaust

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
I would say no go for sure for two reasons. One I doubt the midpipe would be the same length to allow the exhaust to sit at the bumper. Two, iirc from my rear sway bar install there isn't any room on the passenger side for a muffler of any sort.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Rear suspension is different on the new models, we don't have as much room with the strut setup on our cars. I doubt it would work easily, but I'd be interested in seeing pictures of test fit. The dual exhaust is probably alot heavier, too.

Stan

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Has anyone experimented or looked at the 08+ STI dual tip (quad) exhaust on the FXT? I have an 07 and found one one off an 08 STI really cheap. I like the look, but wonder if there's room. Does anyone have experience with this?
Don't waste your time...fitment is WAY off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts