Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 5 M/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Well i haven't quite gotten my Forester yet, but the plan is hopefully go and pick it up this week sometime. I've been looking everywhere for an 06-08 SG9...I've always been IN LOVE with this body style. My mom had one right about the time I got my license, and if it wasn't for her trading it in for a new car, I would probably still be driving it. In other un-interesting news, I am a mechanic at O'Hare airport for United Airlines. I work on the ground equipment there.

My first car is a 2001 Impreza RS coupe fully loaded. I've still got it, and unfortunately it's not as nice as it was when I first got it. I was young, and really stupid and I've destroyed it while being the owner =(. I completed the engine swap on it that I had been building for 2 years. It's a 2.1L stroker forged engine, Tomei Poncams, PnP 205 heads with Supertech valvetrain + dual valve springs. Tomei Arms 7760, complete exhaust w/ewg, hard turbo inlet and no-name CAI.

Before I started the swap, I bought a 96 LGT wagon as a daily driver for $600. Great car, but the keyway on the front of the crank was sheared off. How? No frikin clue. The day our 4 cyl. Suby's make THAT much torque, is the day pigs fly. I replaced the engine with a completely rebuilt one. Bored 100mm cylinders, new pistons and rings and new engine bearings. I'm getting rid of this car to make room in my life for the SG9.

I've dabbled enough in the Subaru performance world. This GC8 of mine is a money pit, and it makes me nervous every time i drive it. The Forester is going to be a long term, low and slow, daily driver project. Now lets not get confused with slammed and slow. I don't wanna be afraid to drive it over speed bumps. I also want this car to be 100% legit. REAL wheels, no Rota's kinda deal. I found lowering struts from STi for the Forester. Expensive as hell obviously, but that's how thorough I want to be.

Well, fingers crossed I get the car within this coming week. That is the plan.

no pictures of the GC, but heres the other 2. and also a pic of the power steering reservoir i made for the GC8

·
Registered
2008 Forester 5 M/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!

Subiciv, where are you workin by O'Hare?

and just to be clear, this year of Forester IS indeed called the SG9? seems like 04 all the way to 08 are SG9's. just weird since the body styles are different

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
of hand they're referred to as SG5 and SG9's between the two looks.
You actually have to dig into the VIN and option codes to determine which they actually are.

Officially yours is likely an SG6 VIN with a different Option code.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 5 M/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forester is mine! my uncle got the seller down from $10,000 to $7,500. $8,300 OTD.

it has more imperfections that what it might look like in the pictures, but its nothing really serious. looks like someone wasnt watching pulling it out of a garage and scraped up the passenger rear corner of the door. the aftermarket window tint is scratched. and the paint on the front bumper wasnt blended after the accident it was in.

i also noticed its got drum brakes in the rear? i didnt know they were still doing that?

·
Registered
2007 FXT vf37 swapped 4EAT w/ VDC
783 Posts
Welcome!

When I finally collect all of my parts I'll have some spare rear discs & calipers if you want them.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 5 M/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys! cant wait to pick her up this morning! ill have more pictures and hopefully i can get started on a journal

phantom: i appreciate it bud, but im really only looking for the knuckle. even bare, that might be even better. im going to do the Nissan 2/4 pot calipers on this car. its mostly for the bling factor, but it'll add some serious braking power to it too. im just gonna gather all the parts up slowely. i say bare knuckles, cause id like to load them up myself with new bearings and all new E-brake hardware. i'll also use it to make my own adapter brackets for the rear nissan 2-pots, because if you use subaru 2 pot adapters, the pads will overhang a subaru rotor a couple of millimeters, and i dont want that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts