Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 GT
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing this one out there, purely for ideas & brainstorming. Happy to be shot down in flames.

How easy/hard would it be to put a 08+ intake manifold (& associated bits) onto a SF Forester?

Reason for doing so:
* No doubt the black plastic style is better, might flow better, imagine it doesn't get as hot as the cast ones.
* Current twinscroll turbo is originally off Legacy (TD04HLA-19t) with the snout turned upwards, It's been turned around & welded more on to attach to a Y pipe but there is a few issues with lining it up properly & the angle it sits.
* Issues with TMIC fitment - position of the turbo snout above makes it a bit difficult to install a TMIC, it popped off a few times on the dyno & is a real PITA if it needs to come off to access something. Considered getting a full silicon Y pipe but unless the TMIC is shifted slightly to the passenger side I'll still have troubles. Turbo snout sits alot lower so the silicon bit is pointing downwards as well - only possible since the rest of the Y pipe is cast & that bend can be moved to point whereever. A full silicon one I don't imagine would be able to be bent downwards? I don't want any kinks or tears.
* Wastegate arm is not perfect at the moment, needs upgrading to a forged item but don't know if this will solve the problem. The wastegate bracket made for it is slightly not straight so it sits a bit bent.

My other options to fix this is take the turbo off, grind the snout right back & only leave a small bit for the Y pipe to attach to. Don't know if this will be enough though + don't want to do it unless I know for sure that it will fix it.

Only issue I see with swapping the manifold is mine is cable operated throttle, these are electric. Can I just move the throttle body or make a hybrid of them both to fit?

·
Registered
1999 2.0 S turbo
69 Posts
I don’t think you can swap them.
Well that is if yours is the same as my S-turbo’s and the 08’s is the same basic setup as the 06’s inlet.
Then again if you like modifications you can make anything work.:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts