Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Auto
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 FXT just had a vf43 put into it, a sti intercooler, and I loaded the vf43 map from cobb. The installation went well! Except that damn oil drain, was a pain to make it... Anyways! I drove the car and it overheated immediately! I didn't even make it a block! I pulled over and coolant was low from the turbo swap, so I topped her up. I drove her again, and the temp stays where it should be UNTIL I floor it, and the guage spikes up to hot again. I don't know why its doing this. At stage 2, I had no overheating issues... All I did was change the turbo and intercooler and go to stage 3.... think its an air lock or something? It seems like that couldn't possibly be the issue because oh how quickly the car over heats... When I pull over, the coolant is alwayse bubbling out of the resevoir! Tons of steam is coming out from the turbo side because I think the overflow drains on the turbo and it steams from there....
Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
You have to burp the coolant after changing the turbo or you can blow your head gaskets if you keep overheating the car. Take the cap off the upper coolant reservoir and let it idle for 20 min to a half hour i suggest getting a funnel that screws on in place of the cap to prevent a big mess. Let it burp all of the air out and then top it off as needed in the overflow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts