Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my understanding correct that an 07 STI cat-back exhaust will bolt on the my 08 WRB Forester Xt without mods? I was looking at the cobb cat-back set-up and I like the way it sounds but am unsure of the fitment. From what I've read it should fit and however it may be a little short at the tip. Anyone know for sure ? Also when I do get an exhaust set-up on here will I need to get a tune with just a cat-back exhaust?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
It won't bolt on, no, read the numerous STi exhaust threads to see how it can be made to fit!

To fit mine I
1/ Extended tip to same exit point as forester - behind the bumper so no risk of heat damage
2/ used longer hangers to get it to exit below rather than through the bumper (SF centres are longer and just long enough for mine), some mofidfy or bend the stock metal arms rather than use longer hangers
3/ Cut and rewelded the pipe from axle flange to back box to follow forester routing, if you don't do this it hangs low past the diff and also pulls down the rear of the centre section stretching its hanger - most accept this, being an engineer I couldn't leave it as was.

Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts