Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been searching everywhere on this forum to goggling and cannot find a direct answer to the 08 DRL connector. I read some post saying under the gloves box, under the hood above the air box and such but I cant seen to find it either location. My legacy was a piece of cake as it right under the driver side. Any 08 owner want to point out where it is for me. Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a XT so the layout is a bit different. And I still can't find it

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,982 Posts
In the engine compartment, same side, look lower towards the firewall. :wink:

I don't have my DRL disabled, but I remember seeing the resistor when I was doing another MOD. It's located under that big honking engine wiring harness connector. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank bobby! I finally found it, it was very tricky if you don't look hard enough lol. Got it disable and now my HID will go on.

Thanks for the photo. At least the next newbie won't have trouble finding it. :)

·
Registered
0208 STi v7/ FXT 6sp/4AT
11 Posts
But where is the DRL box?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.

Where is the DRL box on an '08 FXT?

Not the dropping resistor in the engine bay, but the black/green box that is usually behind the glove box? It's not behind the glove box, that I could find, on a '08 :icon_mad:

I don't want to just disconnect the dropping resistor because I eventually want to retrofit HID's.

This should so be a sticky for all models somewhere here, not just the resistor.

·
Registered
0208 STi v7/ FXT 6sp/4AT
11 Posts
Anyone?

Still looking for the DRL green box, it's not behind the glove box in the '08 FXT?

Just removing the resistor in the engine bay won't do the trick if I want to add HID's.

This should be pretty basic, anyone wanna share?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts