Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radiator started to leak today.. Wondering your thoughts on whether to go with an OEM replacement or something like a Mishimoto. If I go with something other than OEM will I open a pandoras box.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
169 Posts
A Mishimoto radiator with some Mishimoto hoses will probably prevent you from having to go through what you are currently going through in the future.
What ever you decide, don't forget to add a bottle of Subaru coolant condition to your coolant:

·
Registered
2006 forester xt limited
37 Posts
My mishimoto was easy but if you have an automatic like me, make sure you get an aftermarket trans cooler because the mishimoto one doesn't include one like the OEM rad. Subaru coolant and conditioner is all I run and I've had great results

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Maybe much less. See my message in this thread.
When the radiator on '07 XT I owned blew up, I called 1800-radiator per tip on this forum. They had 2 different versions of the Koyo, one around $180 or less and another one just above $200. I took the latter. A delivery guy in a truck brought it to me in person, met me in the parking lot of my work, which was pretty nice.

I do not see the need or reason to go aftermarket on this part. It may be a can of worms for some, with the "but, it's better!" and "but, OE breaks, this won't" -- I don't buy it. OE cools very well, fits just like OE (should), has the provision for the 4EAT cooler (I capped mine off), needs nothing extra and is cheap. Radiator isn't a part I'd dare experiment with, especially on a touchy Subaru engine.

Stan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Everyone

Hope your all having a great day! Wanted to thank clasota15 and ejicon for the Mishimoto suggestions :) . Please feel to contact us directly if you have any questions what so ever and we would be more then happy to help out. 302.762.4501. or [email protected]

Thank you
-Jake
Mishimoto

·
Registered
07 FSXT
12 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’m about to attempt my radiator replacement as well. What special tools are needed to take off the ATF hose, does anyone know? Forgive me if I’m ill informed, read from another thread there were special tools involved.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,479 Posts
@j05h03 I haven't replaced a radiator, but I've looked around under there & I don't recall seeing anything that requires a "special tool"? :confused:

You may need a hose "pinch off" tool to prevent loosing too much ATF when you removed the ATF cooling lines.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts