Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester xt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have 07 xt manual with 45k on a clock. Couple of days ago, going back home my xt while presing gas started makeing "wizling" sound and loseing power. Next day symptoms stoped but come back again, after a wile "wizling" sound stoped but i lost 40% of power and i could not hear turbo working. Dealer after checking things out said that my turbo is ok but downpipe is clogged and i need new one. Mechanic after i asked him how was it possible said that it was from bad fuel. I can hardly belive it, im ALWAYS on premium fuel and car has only 45k. Is it really possible or there is some ather reason for it ? Thanks.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
Clogged cat are usually caused by overheat. Cat overheat because excessive unburned gas. The good thing the cat should be covered under warranty until 80K or 100K which I could not remember at this time.

The dealer should check fuel and ignition system also. Did the car throw Check engine code? I was at Costco yesterday and they have code scanner and eraser for $30.

·
Registered
2007 forester xt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. Nope, no engine light. Mechanic who check my car said that "looks like" everything else is ok, clogged "downpipe" is a problem. So stuff like that happens around 45k ? Thanks And yes, it is under warranty, normally it would be around 450$ to replace.

·
Registered
2007 forester xt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to dealer today to replace clogged downpipe. 3 hours later!!! they told me that downpipe is ok, its turbo that seized !!!!!! It will take another 5-6 days to order turbo and get my car in to replace it. I already waited 5 days for downpipe. Its Faulkner subaru from bethlehem, pa by the way. Thats my first and last visit to that place. Dang it !!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts