Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after searching for 4 "good struts" off nasioc i thought i found 07 wrx struts that were real decent and get them today and can push the 1 down with no effort... and im not the hulk... so is there any way to fix a blown strut without buying a whole new one?

·
Registered
246 Posts
07 struts probably already have over 30k+ miles on them already...he was selling them because they are on their last leg anyhow....short answer, no they arent rebuildable like a Koni shock. Sorry man

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Does the rod come back up on it's own after it's compressed? Front or rear?

If it really is bad, you could source a spare '04-'07 strut to match the others, I think they are all valves the same. They are not rebuildable, only way to "open" them is to cut the body.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its the front and it goes down semi easy and doesnt come up... so 04-07 struts are the same on the WRX?

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Front '02 through '07 are same in fitment but '02-'03 are valved softer. Rear '02-'03 need different tophats.

Yours is not rebounding, it is blown. Check the others to make sure they come up, else try to return them.

Stan

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Guessing all forester oem struts are gas struts then ye it should rebound. So pushing it down should be kinda hard.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Yeah, all Subaru OEM struts are gas as far as I know and should rebound. Props to you for catching this before installing, I bet some people don't. See if you could get your money back if they were advertised as "good", I wouldn't be surprised if seller didn't know they were shot.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts