Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Nice work..... it's a good spot for the fogs on the sports front end.

dm

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on of the bulbs burned out i think some water got into the housing so when i was putting in the new my08 black headlights and i had the bumper off i put in some new fog lights, i will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
753 Posts
I had those fogs and I found them to be useless.
You need to clean up that wiring job. It looks temporary.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had those fogs and I found them to be useless.
You need to clean up that wiring job. It looks temporary.
it is temp im going to shorten every wire and tuck it all away i was just getting it all working. I work overnights and have a 3 year old so its hard sometimes to do show quality work. But i will fix it i promise!!:Banane35:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,088 Posts
Very nice! :cool:

Did you adjust the aim of the fog lights before you put the bumper back on? Can the fog lights be adjusted with the bumper in place? :confused:

If you haven't done it already, I'd recommend filling those push on wire connectors with dielectric grease to keep any water from getting to the connections. The easiest way to dress up your wiring is to use split wire loom, also called convoluted or split tubing. A lug on that ground wire would give you better grounding & look better. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! :cool:

Did you adjust the aim of the fog lights before you put the bumper back on? Can the fog lights be adjusted with the bumper in place? :confused:

If you haven't done it already, I'd recommend filling those push on wire connectors with dielectric grease to keep any water from getting to the connections. The easiest way to dress up your wiring is to use split wire loom, also called convoluted or split tubing. A lug on that ground wire would give you better grounding & look better. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
i eye balled it for the aim and then i can reach in and tweak it once the bumper is on ... its not ideal but with the space allotted its all i can do lol

i understood everything you said except the lug on the ground wire thing (what is a lug?)

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Wire loom can hide a multitude of sins. The reason everyone is giving you so much flack for it is because bad wiring will burn your car to the ground. Loom everything, use eyelets on your grounds, and use grommets on any wire that goes through metal. When I was doing big stereos, it was pretty common for kids to burn their cars to the ground with bad wiring.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wire loom can hide a multitude of sins. The reason everyone is giving you so much flack for it is because bad wiring will burn your car to the ground. Loom everything, use eyelets on your grounds, and use grommets on any wire that goes through metal. When I was doing big stereos, it was pretty common for kids to burn their cars to the ground with bad wiring.
oh i am safe i ground everything and i do the grommet thing powered lines are always fused. the problem i have is in the premade kit the lights came with there was too much wire and i didnt trim it down yet

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts

My sports fog install likes your sports fog install.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts