Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 5MT - OBP 32J
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Welcome to my journal. This is my first venture into keeping a journal like this. With this being the highest mileage car I've ever owned, I'm hoping this keeps my maintenance records and mod records even more organized. This is my third Subaru, with a rust-bucket '02 WRX and '16 BRZ coming before it. Here she is: Rosa, the 2007 Forester Sports XT.

That's the image that made me fall in love. I discovered the sale ad for it on NASIOC, but the seller did not follow the rules and the thread was locked. After some Facebook sleuthing, I was able to find the Facebook ad for this beautiful wagon. Only one problem... It was 2500 miles away. I was going to fly out and drive it home but a poorly timed shoulder surgery ruined that. So she was shipped down to me with 144k miles and packed full of parts for $1175.
This is how I found her:

I drove her to my office, where she will sit behind bars for the night.

IMG_3785.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
April 18th: First up was fitting the wheels from my BRZ. Rays 57CR in Sakura Pink. 17x9 +38 wrapped in Hankook Ventus 12 Evo2 245/40. The fitment really surprised me as it fit nearly the same as it did on my BRZ. The SLIGHTEST bit of poke up front, with flush fitment in the rear. The poke may be addressed with a tiny bit of camber once its aligned. I'll see.

Before and after:

I also noticed this total hackjob. Gotta buy a cutoff wheel to get this gone...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May 1st: First oil change went smoothly. Noticed a lot of rust on the oil cooler line. Gotta address that next time. Also threw on a Fumoto drain valve since it looks like I'll be changing the oil quite frequently.

I also had to raise the tip of this Tomei. It started sagging again :/ but for a couple days it looked proper.

Had to snap some photos while getting gas. By the way, the black and pink color scheme is our local soccer team's colors. I'm a huge fan. And before any one says anything, the silencer on the Tomei has been removed again and she's back to her burbling glory 😄

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
June 5th: Interior day! With the help of my brother and his budding vinyl wrap hobby, I tackled the interior. After purchasing some 3M brushed black aluminum wrap, red hazard switch, and the navi dash pod + brackets + hardware, we dove in and started popping off panels. He was busy wrapping while I tackled the radio. Unfortunately, the amp's power wire did not have enough slack to make it to the top so I had to leave it as shown below.

I REALLY wanna relocate the clock down to the original radio location as opposed to throwing it in behind the radio. Hopefully I can find a way to do that with a 3d printer or something.

With AutoNation buying Inter Miami's stadium naming rights, I felt it fitting to represent DRV PNK Stadium 💗

1 - 10 of 10 Posts