Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester X
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all

I picked up a 2007 Forester X (MY08) Auto earlier this week. Very happy with it so far but I am having one small issue that I thought someone here might be able to identify for me.

At first I noticed that when I brake and come to a stop, I get a noise that sounds like a click coming from the gearbox and a small vibration in the shifter.

I checked the trans fluid and it's on the money so that didn't appear to be the problem.

Yesterday I was sitting in the car checking some other things out, it was in Park and the car was running. I hit the brake pedal and I get the same noise and vibration. I can do it over and over and it will do the same thing.

So I guess I'm wondering whether anyone here can tell me what the problem might be and what the relationship between the gearbox and the brakes is?

Cheers in advance,
Nik

·
Registered
2004 XT
1 Posts
There is a mechanism for the 4EAT transmission to prevent accidentally shifting into reverse at speed over 10 km/h, it could be the sound of the relay releasing when speed is lower than 10 km/h.

·
Registered
2009 2.5x Premium A/W
7 Posts
Howdy all

I picked up a 2007 Forester X (MY08) Auto earlier this week. Very happy with it so far but I am having one small issue that I thought someone here might be able to identify for me.

At first I noticed that when I brake and come to a stop, I get a noise that sounds like a click coming from the gearbox and a small vibration in the shifter.

I checked the trans fluid and it's on the money so that didn't appear to be the problem.

Yesterday I was sitting in the car checking some other things out, it was in Park and the car was running. I hit the brake pedal and I get the same noise and vibration. I can do it over and over and it will do the same thing.

So I guess I'm wondering whether anyone here can tell me what the problem might be and what the relationship between the gearbox and the brakes is?

Cheers in advance,
Nik
I will not pretend to know anything about cars but this sounds somewhat similar to what happened with mine. Is there a high pitched metal-to-metal scraping sound while you're driving and it gets higher as you brake or is it just one clicking noise? Mine was making the scraping sound and it ended up being the center driveshaft. Maybe you can check into that if you haven't already figured it out.

·
Registered
2012 For 2.5x Limited Automatic
44 Posts
I know this is a old topic and all but my 2012 Forester is doing the same thing, when the brake is depressed there will be a clicking sound coming from what sounds like the gear box. You can hear it though the center console and the noise appears to be coming from there. Odd that a older car and a newer one have the same thing. (i have a hidden hope that the OP figured it out and can tell me whats up)

Sigh the OP had only 2 posts.. so i really hope that some one else knows :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts