Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive a computer inept old dude if this problem has been addressed before.
07 forester. I have no low beam headlights. I searched the forums and am not finding an answer. Fuses are good. Relays are good. I have 12V at the lamp sockets. Since they are switched after the lamps, would the most likely culprit be the switch it's self? What/where/how do i test to resolve this issue?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,063 Posts
I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

I have a couple questions: :confused:

[1] Do the high beams work?
[2] Did you check for blown fuses in the cabin & engine compartment fuse boxes?

Also, here's my Google custom forum search results for "headlight low beam not working" Perhaps something there will help. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
43,063 Posts
Peruse the search result link I posed on my previous post to see if a solution to your problem is there.

I attached the headlight system wiring diagram below. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
i am going to second this question, as i had 2 low beam filaments go out in 2 days on my 2003.... also, since you have an 07, you have the seperate high and low bulbs correct? possible that the bulbs have blown but still visually look ok? have you tried another bulb?

im a lawn mower mechanic by trade, and i have to ask all the stupid questions that might be obvious...LOL :nerd:

edit: also, if you can, we know you have 12 v at the plug, can you test for ground on the other terminal of the connector? that would indicate a headlight switch issue if theres no ground present at the plug, with the switch on.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
20,481 Posts
DRLs out would imply that the problem is in common wiring, closer to the lights than to the switch. But I need to confirm against the wiring diagram. Tomorrow

Edit: I just remembered that Bobby had posted the diagram above. At a quick look, it does appear that DRLs would still be enabled if the switch were to fail. Start at the lights and work back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.