Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Ltd cvt
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the part number for the round tapered silver gasket between the resignator and the cat pipes at the two spring bolts.

Also, does that thing conform to the steel shapes when it heats up?
My front flange is rather rough from rusting.
If it doesn't soften up perhaps a bit of muffler sealing goop might be in order.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,247 Posts
I normally buy factory/OEM, but we I needed a gasket for our '03 X, I was surprised to find our local NAPA auto parts store had what we needed. :cool:

If you want additional sealing, you could use silicon RTV sealant on the gasket. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2015 Forester Ltd cvt
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I normally buy factory/OEM, but we I needed a gasket for our '03 X, I was surprised to find our local NAPA auto parts store had what we needed. :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]
I went the NAPA route before posting.
The welds on the pipes (USA made) were patched up and looked like a beginner did them.
The spring bolts had sleeves too long and the gasket that I'm asking about was too short to fill the gap even with the shorter original spring bolts, both NAPA parts made in India.
The rubber hangers weren't even close to fitting, again India.
Even my wife who is not mechanical could see how poor the attempt at cloning the parts was.

NAPA used to be the last quality parts place around here but no more.
That's the last time I'll spend money at NAPA.

Thanks for the tip on RTV though. I didn't know that it resisted that amount of heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts