Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Subaru members! I'm looking for a 07/08 forester xt sport with an automatic transmission. I'd like a clean, well taken care of, lightly modded or no mods at all vehicle. Colors preferred: ugm, dgm, white or black! Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
9,878 Posts
Follow this thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f109/2003-2008-forester-s-sale-ongoing-thread-545497/ but you'll be needing to travel for the right one.

I haven't looked in awhile but there might be some Craigslist search engines out there that might help with your search. Awhile back (few years) Craigslist was threatening legal action over search engines of their site. Many of them ceased operations. I don't know if Craigslist has backed off but considering the number of listings @cjecpa finds it may be game on for Craigslist search engines again. Either that or he has a lot of time on his hands.:lol:

Good Luck in your search, make sure you update this post with what you found and how.

Cheers
Doug

·
Registered
996 Posts
Follow this thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f109/2003-2008-forester-s-sale-ongoing-thread-545497/ but you'll be needing to travel for the right one.

I haven't looked in awhile but there might be some Craigslist search engines out there that might help with your search. Awhile back (few years) Craigslist was threatening legal action over search engines of their site. Many of them ceased operations. I don't know if Craigslist has backed off but considering the number of listings @cjecpa finds it may be game on for Craigslist search engines again. Either that or he has a lot of time on his hands.:lol:

Good Luck in your search, make sure you update this post with what you found and how.

Cheers
Doug
Searchtempest.com is a good one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cars.com is where I scooped my WRB one from.. just have to be willing to take a day to travel for the right one. I had to drive across two states (MD to PA to NJ) for about 3.5 hours to pick her up. I am so glad I did though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought it about a week ago from Fullerton Auto Group in Sommerville NJ. They had it on their lot for a while, well they had two people come say they wanted it, but couldn't be approved for a loan due to a credit score and it being a 10 yr old vehicle. I financed some of it at a stupid high APR (I think 9.7%) because most places wouldn't loan money on a car like that, but for how much in interest I will owe, I didn't care. Plus I plan on having it paid off way sooner than the 3 year note they wanted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bought it about a week ago from Fullerton Auto Group in Sommerville NJ. They had it on their lot for a while, well they had two people come say they wanted it, but couldn't be approved for a loan due to a credit score and it being a 10 yr old vehicle. I financed some of it at a stupid high APR (I think 9.7%) because most places wouldn't loan money on a car like that, but for how much in interest I will owe, I didn't care. Plus I plan on having it paid off way sooner than the 3 year note they wanted.
Wow, I was looking online at cars.com and saw that advertisement but it didn't have any pictures. I was going to call them and inquire if it was definitely an XT Sport. Glad you got lucky and picked it up. What was the mileage again on it? Any pictures? I sold my UGM I just bought and am picking up a WRB which I originally wanted tomorrow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I have been looking for a while and I saw that it was on there, listed as Newport Regal Blue (what?) and black interior.. Anyway, I saved it and then like two weeks later I am scrolling through my saved cars and see it.. The World Rally Blue Forester. I think back to ever seeing it/saving it and can't come up with a time I saw it.

Anyway, I called and they said someone put a deposit on it, but to sent them an email on it just in case something falls through (I thought they were crazy and that wouldn't happen) but then low and behold, a week after that phone call they emailed me saying the job fell through and that if I wanted it that I could come and look at it. When I went to go look at it, I fell in love immediately and couldn't think of owning another.. Although if I have to get another one day, I want a DGM one..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was just going to ask if you are going to get the one in Morristown, the 2008 Sport? WRB with 154k on the odo?
WOW, I'm missing everything that is coming to market. But no, I am purchasing from a private seller. The one listed in the Bargain Alley a couple weeks ago with 74k on the dash. Oh wait, I think I know of the one you speak of. Asking 13k and was 5spd manual? Too much IMO, and sellers said it sold day after they posted it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
WOW, I'm missing everything that is coming to market. But no, I am purchasing from a private seller. The one listed in the Bargain Alley a couple weeks ago with 74k on the dash. Oh wait, I think I know of the one you speak of. Asking 13k and was 5spd manual? Too much IMO, and sellers said it sold day after they posted it.

No, this is one currently listed, but it isn't an XT, just a sport. I did see that one at Bargain Alley.. I thought about going to go look at it.. and then it was gone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
Ctdx
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing