Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be any easier to install the rear subaru WRX 2-pots that come on the 06 WRX than the STi Brembo rears. I'm talking about the actual install not talking rims here.

The reason I ask is because I have a set of 04 STi Brembo take-offs and would really like to put on some 2-pots in the rear. Now that they have finally started putting the older STi 2-pots on the rear of the USDM WRX the price has come down significatly. I was just going to find a set of 2-pot Brembos and assume that the install would be pretty much the same as it would have been for my 02 WRX. I guess I could possibly find a WRX Wagon suspension and knuckle set and bolt that on, but if I were going to do that couldn't I just use that setup with the Brembo rear 2-pots?

I hope that made some sense.

Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Subscribed....

Love to know the answer also. Although I'm considering the 4-pot suburu (diff't then the 4-pot brembo, no?) for the fronts...

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually what I was thinknig is that if the rear Subaru 2-pots are easier to put on the rear Brembos, I would sell my front Brembos and go with the red Subaru WRX brakes all around. I like the red brake calipers, they're dreamy.

If they're not then i'll start looking for what I need and a set of rear Brembos. Damn did those Brembos stop my WRX like I was landing on the deck of an aircraft carrier.

·
Premium Member
04 XT
733 Posts
toddlamp said:
I guess I could possibly find a WRX Wagon suspension and knuckle set and bolt that on, but if I were going to do that couldn't I just use that setup with the Brembo rear 2-pots?

I hope that made some sense.

Todd
The STi rear calipers require the STi hubs. I'm not sure if the 06 WRX use the same rear hubs as the earlier years. If they do then the 2 pots should bolt onto a SG.

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts
it is a long read. but all of the info you need is here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623187

2pot rears can install in one of 2 ways.

1) with an adapter

2) you swap out the rear backing plates

Backing plates would need to be pressed off and onto the car
this is a bit of work as it means you've got to remove the rear knuckle

[email protected] is coming out (very very soon) with an adapter bracket
which allows you to directly bolt on the rear WRX 2pots
this will make the installation 100% easier.
ETA is any day now.

Note that:
also you DO need to swap the rotors (much larger/wider)
and you will need the rear OE 2pot pad kit. (pins, clips, shims, etc)

shout with questions.....
Jamie Thomas
email: Jamie at chaplins.com
www.subarugenuineparts.com

www.subiegal.com

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Can you get a cost on the rotors and caliper set up? This isn't the Legacy rotor is it?

·
Registered
07 FXT Sports 5MT
360 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
I think Tom @ Kartboy was talking about possibly making an adapter to fit the rear Brembos to our FXT's... Tom??

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
i have the rear RED SOA 2 pot adatpers just about finished. i have the brackets done and packged. just waiting for the hardware to arrive.
i also have a set of rotors and a caliper from the BREMBO setup on the way. going to see if i can make that work or not.

Tom

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the rear rotors for the Brembo are the same for the ones for a WRX setup and there spacers inside the rotor so that the emergency brake will be functional?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts