Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's starting with a full 05 JDM SG9 STI Forester EJ255 + FSTI 6MT Swap. The Engine and Transmission had 50,000 miles.

I had the front FSTI crossmember, which is the same as the 04 STI. I also needed the 04 STI rear crossmember and STI differential carrier as they are different than the FXT. I used the FSTI R180, axles, brembo calipers, brake rotors (DBA 4000, 04 STI fitment) and FSTI driveshaft + 04 STI hubs, knuckles. Replaced all wheel bearings and seals with new OEM STI parts.

05 JDM SG9 STI EJ255
05 JDM SG9 STI 6MT - TY856WL4CC - uses suretrac front LSD
05 JDM SG9 STI R180 w/suretrac LSD
05 JDM SG9 STI Forester Drive shaft

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Brake Master Cylinder is on the opposite side but it didn't affect the install. Just the fittings are different so the USDM STI BMC will work.

·
Premium Member
2004 2.5 XT Premium 4EAT
1,376 Posts
I thought about the trunk brace before. There's a couple options, some less desirable than others apparently. But do you feel like it makes a big difference? Like, would you compare it more to the front strut tower bar or the rear, the front making almost no difference for most people lol.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 5-Speed
121 Posts
Are you gonna get the other four (Front Member, Engine Bay, Floor Center, and Floor Rear)? I've got the trunk, floor rear, and engine bay braces. I don't know about hyogong57, but when I got the trunk brace, I already had a lot of suspension (c/o, sways, strut bars,etc.) so to me, I'm not sure I felt a difference, now when I had STi aluminum c/a, tie rod end, and rca put in, I could definitely feel the impact the parts had.

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on getting more of the CUSCO bracing. I think at this point I cannot tell since I haven't tracked the car. But some little creaking noises from before have kinda disappeared. Next up is the side floor bracing.

·
Premium Member
2004 2.5 XT Premium 4EAT
1,376 Posts
Fancy pants. I did sways and rear lateral links and strut towers. but not really anything else for bracing. I thought about the h brace in front, but it looked like a pain honestly.

I kind of wish i had done control arms and all that jazz, but i figured i wasn't savvy enough to notice a difference. So just the basic struts/springs, sways, and strut towers.

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
For the Turbo/Exhaust system department, I wanted to get modest power and retain some stealth cause it seems in LA, CA nowdays, law enforcement often pulls you over. Thus I decided to use:

VF48 Turbo
Part Number - 14411AA700

07 JDM V9 STI TMIC

Part number - 21820AA270
I wanted something OEM but with a larger core. The JDM V9 STI TMIC clearly is bigger than the USDM version.

JDM SYMS 3" Catted high flow DP
Part Number - Y0800SG011
Since I'm using a JDM exhaust I needed a JDM DP. I opted for a SYMS full 3" high flow single catted DP. It's simply beautiful. Such good quality.

Invidia Up pipe
Part Number - HS02SW1UPP
Just wanted something of better quality than OEM

Fujitsubo Super Legalis R Catback Exhaust for SF5
Part Number - 390-64501. This is probably the best exhaust you can buy for either the SF or SG body. It works for both and is completely bolt on. It is a full one piece design from the DP back. And it's quiet at idle and at low boost.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Up-pipe but no headers? Gonna wrap or coat the up pipe? Nice DP. Arnold, how would you compare Super Legalis-R to Blitz Nur Spec-R sound and quality? I'm currently Legalis-R with zero/sports catted DP but thinking of switching to Blitz next year.

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the Fujitsubo Legalis Super R on my last FXT. It's great because it is below the state limit of 95 DB sound level at idle. And isn't intolerable at 4500 RPM with full boost. It's quality is superb and I love that it's a one piece design from the DP back. I do plan on heat wrapping the DP and Uppipe.

Installed some other goodies today.

JDM SG9 STI Forester Fender braces.
These are the actual fender braces from the SG9 Forester STI.

Beatrush Rear Floor Brace
Part Number - S86203PB-CR

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Whats a Forester STI build without some JDM STI parts? Added these nice parts to the car today!

STI Alloy Triple Pillow Ball Lateral Link Arm Kit
Part Number - ST2025088020

STI Triple Pillow Ball Trailing Link Set
Part Number - ST2027055000

JDM SG9 STI Steering wheel + airbag

USDM 05 STI Brake Handle

JDM SG9 STI Forester gauge cluster + 240KPH dial

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
822 Posts
Wow, Arnold, somehow I missed this build thread but I'm super glad you started modifying your new Forester XT. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

That SYMS Racing downpipe is simply beautiful; it's a shame that it will be under the car and unseen by most people. I would have loved to stay JDM with my Fujitsubo RM01A, but finding a JDM 3" catted downpipe and Forester exhaust (like the Super Legalis R) is too pricey. The JDM Forester STi bumper and rear lip I recently put on practically swallows up the Fujitsubo exhaust and it just looked so goofy to me. I ended up going with a TurboXS Forester turboback exhaust (with hi-flow 3" catted downpipe) for an incredible price. I hope it improves the current look. :)

I think I need some Beatrush products and a V9 STi airbag after seeing your pics. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Whats a Forester STI build without some JDM STI parts? Added these nice parts to the car today!

STI Alloy Triple Pillow Ball Lateral Link Arm Kit
Part Number - ST2025088020

STI Triple Pillow Ball Trailing Link Set
Part Number - ST2027055000

JDM SG9 STI Steering wheel + airbag

USDM 05 STI Brake Handle

JDM SG9 STI Forester gauge cluster + 240KPH dial

Mine only shows 180KPH, what year did they change? If you happen to know Arnold.

·
Registered
2015 FXT CVT
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup that's all you need. Make sure to get the one for either D-E or F revision.

That's the best price out there.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts