Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to locate the Coolant Temperature Sensor Location on a 06 Forester N/A engine. Service manual states to remove Generator to access it and does not mention draining coolant....there is a sensor of some kind directly under Generator/Alternator. Is this it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Motoretro

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,521 Posts
I had to remove the alternator to install a oil pressure sender. There is another sensor there, but I'm not sure if it was the coolant temperature. I wasn't concerned with that sensor, so I never paid any attention to it. You can view my post pictures here. Let me know if that's the coolant temperature sensor. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, Nice pics. I just went out in the garage to check things out again, There appears to be (3) sensors in this area on a N/A engine. The Oil pressure sensor location is same as yours and there appears to be a crank sensor directly underneath the Alt. towards front of engine. Directly behind the Oil Pressure sensor although in a horizontal position, pointing forward is what I believe is the Coolant Temperature Sensor.......the Alt. is close which explains the suggested removal although I think I could get it out w/o removal:icon_biggrin:. I followed the housing it screws into and it ends up going to the radiator. :icon_wink:

Thanks for the pics, got me on the right track on what to look for.

Motoretro

I had to remove the alternator to install a oil pressure sender. There is another sensor there, but I'm not sure if it was the coolant temperature. I wasn't concerned with that sensor, so I never paid any attention to it. You can view my post pictures here. Let me know if that's the coolant temperature sensor. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
39,521 Posts
^^ Glad I was able to help! If you do need to remove the alternator, it is very easy to do. I was dreading it when I started the project, but to my surprise, it was a piece of cake to remove & to reinstall. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
39,521 Posts
Just for grins, I looked over the 80+ pictures I'd taken for my write up. I believe the sensor towards the front of the engine is the crank sensor. There is another sensor hidden under the wiring, see the yellow circle on the picture below. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, That certainly looks like your CTS. I took a pic of the location of mine, relatively easy to access.
along with a new CTS unit from Napa. $19.99:cool:

Cool Beans Huh?

Motoretro

Just for grins, I looked over the 80+ pictures I'd taken for my write up. I believe the sensor towards the front of the engine is the crank sensor. There is another sensor hidden under the wiring, see the yellow circle on the picture below. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
39,521 Posts
The sender (sensor) is eaier to see on your '06 N/A. It's almost covered with wiring on my '07 XT. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts