Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all! So I am finally getting a very nice 140k mileage 06 FXT Limited. I wanted to take advantage of the car and make it faster.

How? I was told that I could plug on another turbo and it would lead to a big performance. As well as replacing the rear sway bars for better suspension on roads. Any other thoughts? Is there a parts list I could play with to make it faster

·
Premium Member
2005 xt 6mt
126 Posts
Congratulations! These cars are truly incredible and tons of fun to modify. There are many options and paths to take, the research and learning can be half the fun. Two great posts to get started with are,
and
these cover power and handling mods respectively. They are a wealth of information.
Welcome!

aaron

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
319 Posts
Best way to increase power is:

1.) keep reading this forum
2.) repeat step 1
3.) find a really GOOD tuner
4.) have a conversation with said tuner of your goals
5.) save $$$, cause you gonna need it to make reliable power

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I was you I would start of with a less restrictive exhaust.

Then a few other little bits and pieces mentioned below.

Depending on your budget go for:

A catback or a turbo back.
A down pipe or dump pipe.
A HKS air filter.
Bigger and better fuel pump.
Better fuel injectors.

I wouldn’t upgrade your turbo till you’ve at least upgraded most of those. As bigger turbo means bigger stress just about everywhere in the engine.

For my 2007 Forester 2.5 litre turbo I have upgraded to a big GT brake kit, wrx suspension on the front and king springs on the rear. Kink rear sway bars. Catback exhaust and a few little things.
Suspension mods go a long way. After just installing sway bars you feel the difference on hard corners.
Tyres are a must though. Get yourself some potenzas are something similar.

I’m no expert but I’ve done my research and experimented and those are some of the best mods you can start off with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! I figure the tuner relationship will be important :) how do you guys find a good tuner?

Also I’m excited. Dealer put new ceramic brakes, worked the headgaskets, timing belt was replaced 40k miles ago, and there’s barely any rust and the engine bay looks pristine

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,851 Posts

·
Registered
2000 GC8 & Tribeca 5MT DCCD & 5EAT
10 Posts
Gains depends on how much power you want to run on a stock engine. I would say a good safe maintenance free would be a solid 250whp. You can check what others use like in the turbo etc.

I would review the Whiteline Catalogue for Suspension pieces.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
319 Posts
You could look at the "stickies" here: ▼
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]
We gotta update the list of tuner shops in CT. I don’t think those companies are even in business anymore.

I got 3 tuner shops we can add to the list. One of them personally did my current setup.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,851 Posts
@Kerby yes, that list is pretty old! If you have tuners toadd to @Aleksey list, he last signe onto the forum a year ago, you could "quote" the thread & make changes. Once the post is saved, I could insert the list back into the first thread post.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts