Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 forester auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 06 forester that started shaking/vibrating, it feels like its coming from the front not sure if its from the driver or passenger side.. Its not the tires but what happens is when im cruising @ 60mph and higher the car starts vibrating/shaking for like a minute then it goes away then comes back again. Any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2011 2.5 X Premium 4EAT
84 Posts
My first thought was a tire out of balance. Could be a CV joint-I'd look under her at the inner and outer half-shafts and look for damaged/ripped boots and grease flung out of them.

·
Registered
2012 XT Touring 4EAT
3,751 Posts
Have an 06 forester that started shaking/vibrating, it feels like its coming from the front not sure if its from the driver or passenger side.. Its not the tires but what happens is when im cruising @ 60mph and higher the car starts vibrating/shaking for like a minute then it goes away then comes back again. Any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance.
Most likely, you have two front tires out of balance. That, or you have a bent rim on the front. The reason the vibration comes and goes has to do with the relative position of the front tires.

Have the tires checked for balance. While at it, have them check your rims for run out. It's possible you have a slipped belt inside a tire, but that should be more obvious at lower speeds.

A CV joint is a possible source of vibration, but tires/rims are much more likely.

·
Registered
2006 forester auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys..ill check the cv joints..tires/rims are fine so i know its not those..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts