Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I detecting stock wastegate flutter between 3-4K on my '06 FXT? (haven't gone past that due to break-in period, so I don't know if it dissapears like WG flutter or not).

The WRX didn't do this until I installed the uppipe AND the turbo-back...then it was controllable by adjusting the gate arm.

I'm just wondering if the increased exhaust (not that much!?) from the 2.5 and the lack of the up-pipe cat on the stock XT might be causing this?

If not, what is the sound? Sure sounds like light flutter, coming from the passenger side, behind the glovebox, just like the WRX.

E

·
0 Posts
Ot: sorry for the off-topic, but you wouldn't have any more pictures of your car? (just ordered the same color/spec)

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
You're absolutely right!

I'll post pictures of mine - the car arrived at the dealer's last week and ETA is now 28/29 March (after fitting of various extras).

Then I'll be:drive:

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
The MY04/05 XT had flutter - about 3k with part throttle and a bit of a metallic tone to the sound. It was a pretty common thing.

Mine seems to have gone away (or could be that I just dont use part throttle any more!!)

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
dicknose said:
(or could be that I just dont use part throttle any more!!)
:spinnasmiley VTS=Variable Throttle Setting: "On" or "Off"

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Ive been accused of binary throttle control - I think it came about from an offroad trip where the first sign of mud or a creek crossing meant full throttle and power through it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eikka--Mine is on page 7, I think. Only two pics, but I have more if you want me to email them to you (PM me).

Dick--Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts