Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped pre-painted '06 C-pillar covers (or 'Appliques' as Subaru refers to them in their parts listings) on to an earlier SG? I am thinking of ordering a black pair in order to avoid having to paint them...or have them painted...Prices seem to be ~$48 each (1stSubaruparts.com)
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
I swaped them went the 06's first came out. It was real quick and easy. I don't remember what I paid for them though.

Ben
 

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will consult with Roo...
 

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
Joined
·
256 Posts
FXT22,

I would really appreciate if you can provide a link to where you found these "C" pillar appliques. I tried search the 1stsubaruparts site and found nothing. I'm interested in doing this for my 04 XT. Thanks in advance.

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Been thinking about this on my black FXT, too. Anyone have pics with the black panels installed?
 

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Overlord said:
FXT22,

I would really appreciate if you can provide a link to where you found these "C" pillar appliques. I tried search the 1stsubaruparts site and found nothing. I'm interested in doing this for my 04 XT. Thanks in advance.

David
It only took me a hour to find it the first time, but only half as long this time :wink:

From their home page:

-Link to OEM Parts Catalog
-Select Year, Make, Model
-Quarter Panel
-Glass
-Applique >> (Will list Part price, link to illustration, however no part #).

Below are trim levels- I at one time found the different color parts under one of the selections that lists 'XT', however I can't seem to find them now...

<Disclaimer> This link is just a handy resource. I will contact Roo if/when the time comes... recommend you do the same- he knows where we hang out! :p
 

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DeepThought said:
Been thinking about this on my black FXT, too. Anyone have pics with the black panels installed?
"The answer is:

















...42". :lol:

Sorry- couldn't resist.
 

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
Joined
·
256 Posts
FXT22,

Props to your for finding that part. Is it actually just a giant decal or do you think it's actually a plastic piece painted in the various body colors. I don't want to speak for other members but I'm sure there would be plenty of 04-05 xt owners who would be interested in such a piece.
 

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
Joined
·
2,225 Posts
Overlord said:
FXT22,

Props to your for finding that part. Is it actually just a giant decal or do you think it's actually a plastic piece painted in the various body colors. I don't want to speak for other members but I'm sure there would be plenty of 04-05 xt owners who would be interested in such a piece.
It's an actual painted plastic panel. No decal. Takes about 45 seconds to change both sides.

Ben
 

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
Joined
·
8,295 Posts
It's always available since it is a replacement body part. Subarugenuineparts.com has them. Alternatively, ask Jackie. Also, realize that the paint codes will only be for 06+ colors, meaning PSM and the like = no luck.

While on this topic, can anyone explain how to get the existing applique off?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top