Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a new MY06 Forester this weekend and I had asked the dealer to remove any badges from the vehicle. Apparently they are reluctant to do so, as they don't want to be responsible for scratching the paint.

From recollection, the only badge on the MY06 Forester is the "Forester" badge on the right hand side of the tailgate. Does anyone know if there are pinholes located behind this? I know on the MY05 Forester, the "Forester" badge was located on the left hand side of the tailgate and did have pinholes underneath.

I can only assume that it should be safe to remove the MY06 badge and not have any holes to cover. I saw a post on ScoobyMods on the removal of badges using some dental floss, which would be a very safe way to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Yes there are alignment holes under the Forester badge. There are two holes of different sizes about 4.5" apart. No holes under the 2.5FX or Subaru badges. I covered my holes with an STI badge (no flames).

Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Are you sure this is the case for an 06 (Australian) Forester? I know the Forester badge was on the left on the 05 model, and is now on the right on the 06.

When I looked at the following post on ScoobyMods, http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2039 , it suggested to me, that if the badge is now on the right it wouldn't have the alignment holes.

I don't think there are any other badges, other than the Forester badge, on the 06 model. Is this correct?

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
My experience was USDM MY06 FXT. Yes Forester badge was on the right (your driver side :lol: ) side.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts