Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT High 6MT (swapped from JDM impreza STi)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to find my next dream car, hence my update.
I am looking for a 2006-2008 Forester XT (facelift SG) in Europe. As I am being an enthusiast, I am looking for a car that I could take care of in the next 10ish years, sparing no money and effort repairing/rebuilding it if necessary.

What is important:
- no rust (or very minimal). As I can’t replace the underside of the car, this is the most important thing, what really matters.
- have sunroof (as this also can not be welded into the top of the car professionally :) )

not that important, but still good if the car is:
- black outside
- black inside (linen > leather)
- have 5 speed manual transmission
- do not had it’s motor leaking oil to the coolant (or it has been repaired already)
- do not had it’s turbo changed/repaired
- do not had serious mods
- the more pristine the condition, the more I am ready to pay

If anyone would be kind to answer, that would be great. I am ready to pay even around 11 000 EUR if the condition justifies the amount, and if the more secondary options the car fills. This is based on that if it has 4 speed auto, I would need to replace it, which is really costly ( around 3000-4000 EUR), or building a new motor after a leaked one is around 4000 - 5000 eur.

In hopes of finding my dream car and with maximum respect,
Andor
(from Budapest)

p.s.: if anyone would be interested, pls drop a private message or an update here.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT High 6MT (swapped from JDM impreza STi)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I just got notified by one of the kind members here, I realized I did not update this topic despite 2 weeks ago I struck a bargain and found the car I need in my home country at my most trusted service, owned from a guy who just got enough of Subarus and selling his 14 membered fleet until only 3-4 remains.

So what I got is a 2005 facelift XT rebuilt with:

- totally restored chassis (broken down until subframe, changed parts if any rust was noticed, then rustproofed, rebuilt & repainted)
- new JDM 6MT (sadly this is seems to be a short one, which I will replace to achieve better highway MPG as I plan to travel a lot with this dream car)
- stripped down & rebuilt engine (I had the chance to order forged pistons, head gasket and other internals, with their price distracted from the sale price "to make it able for more HP if you want")
- STi turbo & intercooler
- STi brembos all round
- Spec C seats (seems to be the LHD version of the Forester STi dark blue / or the black ones /)
- full JDM Forester STi front end (luckily without the STi vinyl as they are discontinued. My plan was to not include any STi "marks" outside of the car anyways as I am being a purist, and hate putting STi to something which is not. I have them in the interior anyways and I am not for showing off)
- prodrive exhaust (my favorite according to youtube recordings, and also heard 2 in real life which anchored me with this one)
- Impreza STi wheels (17'' so those are nice and light, will be ok for the winter with the Contis they have with some re-paint and layering, letting me choose my summer setup from ground up)
- front windows just replaced for new
- moonroof replaced for new
- headlamps replaced (not in pics until now)

- totally available and known pre-life, as it was entering traffic in my country, so no shady thing there too. It would not matter anyways, as all important parts are rebuilt/replaced/bought new :D

Only drawback is that the suspension will not going to be replaced for FSTi or anything, but new OEM XT parts were fitted all round. Which would be OK, but with this increased 300ish power and 400ish torque which the pro map would result, I am planning on changing it really soon to something lowered and more firm like FSTi or would go even lower as I don't really need the clearance anyways (having a 2004 impreza was alright for me for 3 years). I would need to be able to carry the whole 5 membered family inside for shorter sub 200km trips, and our back roads here are more crappy than not, so FSTi is more likely.

...and this all costed like 15.500 eur. So I got reeeealy lucky with this one and I will be good to go for the next 10 years of gasoline burning. So if I not get totaled, this is my last gasoline car before the dusk of internal combustion.
After that time, I would buy a hybrid or full electric car anyway, and put this into formaldehyde and got it off for track days if that would be still legal :D

p.s.: and now I need to find how to close this topic... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,974 Posts
Nice work bud, very thorough and happy for you.

If you're interested in a set of Fsti shocks. I may have what you need. It maybe a bit pricey to ship them to you though and you would have to replace a coil spring on the front left (I'd replace both fronts though) or do a full spring swap. The struts are sweet and the top mounts look relatively new or replaced.

Let me know with a PM.

Cheers.
Andy.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,536 Posts
As I just got notified by one of the kind members here, I realized I did not update this topic despite 2 weeks ago I struck a bargain and found the car I need in my home country at my most trusted service, owned from a guy who just got enough of Subarus and selling his 14 membered fleet until only 3-4 remains.

So what I got is a 2005 facelift XT rebuilt with:

- totally restored chassis (broken down until subframe, changed parts if any rust was noticed, then rustproofed, rebuilt & repainted)
- new JDM 6MT (sadly this is seems to be a short one, which I will replace to achieve better highway MPG as I plan to travel a lot with this dream car)
- stripped down & rebuilt engine (I had the chance to order forged pistons, head gasket and other internals, with their price distracted from the sale price "to make it able for more HP if you want")
- STi turbo & intercooler
- STi brembos all round
- Spec C seats (seems to be the LHD version of the Forester STi dark blue / or the black ones /)
- full JDM Forester STi front end (luckily without the STi vinyl as they are discontinued. My plan was to not include any STi "marks" outside of the car anyways as I am being a purist, and hate putting STi to something which is not. I have them in the interior anyways and I am not for showing off)
- prodrive exhaust (my favorite according to youtube recordings, and also heard 2 in real life which anchored me with this one)
- Impreza STi wheels (17'' so those are nice and light, will be ok for the winter with the Contis they have with some re-paint and layering, letting me choose my summer setup from ground up)
- front windows just replaced for new
- moonroof replaced for new
- headlamps replaced (not in pics until now)

- totally available and known pre-life, as it was entering traffic in my country, so no shady thing there too. It would not matter anyways, as all important parts are rebuilt/replaced/bought new :D

Only drawback is that the suspension will not going to be replaced for FSTi or anything, but new OEM XT parts were fitted all round. Which would be OK, but with this increased 300ish power and 400ish torque which the pro map would result, I am planning on changing it really soon to something lowered and more firm like FSTi or would go even lower as I don't really need the clearance anyways (having a 2004 impreza was alright for me for 3 years). I would need to be able to carry the whole 5 membered family inside for shorter sub 200km trips, and our back roads here are more crappy than not, so FSTi is more likely.

...and this all costed like 15.500 eur. So I got reeeealy lucky with this one and I will be good to go for the next 10 years of gasoline burning. So if I not get totaled, this is my last gasoline car before the dusk of internal combustion.
After that time, I would buy a hybrid or full electric car anyway, and put this into formaldehyde and got it off for track days if that would be still legal :D

p.s.: and now I need to find how to close this topic... :)
Bloody good job old bean , do keep it up !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts