Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: I FOUND ONE. THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP, SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION. YOU ALL ARE SOME AMAZING HUMANS!

Looking for:
2006 to 2008 Forester XT

-Would prefer the Sport model with the nice facelift but open to the base front end as well.

-Prefer an Automatic but open to 5-Speed if I can't find one.

-100k-125k on the odometer

-Colors: Open to all colors with the exception of TOPAZ GOLD. WRBLUE would be my unicorn

These cars are old so dings and scratches are A-OK.

Budget is between $10k for a low-mileage XT Limited and a bit higher if a Sports model pops up.

I'm located in Los Angeles but willing to drive a reasonable distance.
If you're selling or come across a promising listing/leads, please let me know.
Thanks!

Some pictures for motivation:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go with a limited to get the extra features and then just buy the sport bumper. Easy.
I thought about that. In addition to the Sports bumper, aren't headlights, and fenders from the Sports model needed as well or is it all the same?
Also, VDC probably isn't really necessary.

Good suggestion!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes you need the bumper, headlights, fenders, And hood. Unless if you want to keep the stock hood, can also remove the stock scoop for a more aggressive look n replace it with a 2002 or 2003 sti scoop

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yes you need the bumper, headlights, fenders, And hood. Unless if you want to keep the stock hood, can also remove the stock scoop for a more aggressive look n replace it with a 2002 or 2003 sti scoop
That only apply to 04-06 model. If you start with 06-08 only sport bumper cover is needed.

Also 07-08 sport XT AT is the only one that came with stability control.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Bumper yes, and black headlight and taillight housings was an option. Depot makes good, cheap options for those. Can also black out your own headlights for cheap, make them look even better than oem imo. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Still looking :D
I realize Aspen White is actually beautiful in person so I'm opening up my search to include it.

Also, some great info from all of you. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I realize Aspen White is actually beautiful in person so I'm opening up my search to include it.

I have one. 2008 xt sports aspen white 125k miles. I put it up for sale months back, but decided to keep it. I got the green light from the wifey to sell it. It's our third car, the wife just got a new home position from work, so we really don't need it anymore. $13k firm. I'm in Menifee, Ca. I'll post it in the vehicles for sale with photos and details.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have one. 2008 xt sports aspen white 125k miles. I put it up for sale months back, but decided to keep it. I got the green light from the wifey to sell it. It's our third car, the wife just got a new home position from work, so we really don't need it anymore. $13k firm. I'm in Menifee, Ca. I'll post it in the vehicles for sale with photos and details.
Hey. Thanks a lot. Fortunately, I JUST picked up a XT Sport this morning. I believe I'm all set.

Thanks everyone for th help, the tips and the suggestions. You all rock!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Just pm'ed you about that aspen white xt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
bashfulbernie
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing