Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm in the market to upgrade from my sf5. The SG9 has always been my favorite body style. I live in FL but I'm willing to travel. In fact, I just got back from Chicago yesterday to pick one up, but it turns out the salesman at the Subaru dealership there straight up lied to me about its condition. But I'm that serious about finding one.

Requirements:
Stock- It needs to be as stock as possible
Condition- It needs to be in good condition, obviously. Preferably nothing more than normal minor scratches and rock chips that would be normal for its age. Also want the interior to be clean with no holes in the carpet or seats. Also needs to have all the head rests, apparently that has to be stated..
Mileage- The lower the better. Definitely not more than 140k.
Color- I'd like either Garnet Red Pearl w/ tan leather or Urban Gray Metallic with black leather
Trim- Limited only. I don't want a sport. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't like the cloth seats and front bumper on them.
Rust- As little as possible. My current car is from PA/NY and I've had to deal with a few rusty bolts(that damn lateral link bolt). While I can power through that stuff with a big enough hammer, absolutely no frame rot or rust on the fenders/exterior.

If you have one or know of one in your area, please contact me! I had my heart set on getting one this past weekend and now I want one more than ever. After my recent experience, I will request high quality photos that accurately show the vehicle. As the salesman at Berman Subaru just learned, I will not simply buy it because I traveled all that way for it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,312 Posts
You are right about the headrests needing to be stated.

I think they get lost or damaged when people take them out of the car because they fold down the rear seat a lot, and rarely have more than 2 people in the car.

That was my case, I had them in storage and they got damaged.
I was able to buy more on the forum.

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
567 Posts
I likely be selling my 04 limited soon, maybe not as clean as you'd like but 92k and a few typical light mods. FL as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.