Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from Poland! Guys, any idea how to modify jdm bracket to fit usdm setup? I have everything ready to be put in place, but these mounting brackets are a pain!

·
Registered
7 Posts
@broadbean Unfortunately previously when I ordered parts from Japan I had to wait 6 weeks until they arrived 😕 I'll try to modify these somehow for a temporary solution and going to order usdm ones I guess!

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
Shame is there's no sources online with dims
These are pretty good shots of the brackets:

You have some dimensions already - the 4 holes for one side of the 2DIN head unit, and you can measure the screw placements on top of your dash. The tricky part is the angle of the two "posts" bent over, but again the pics are a very good guide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@broadbean Thanks for all the help mate :) I think I will come up with some way to secure the radio until the ordered ones arrive - don't thing it's worth all the hassle with 3d printing (from my experience, 1st print never fits haha)

·
Registered
7 Posts
@broadbean So I managed to secure it with cable ties for now 😅 they will keep the radio in place until new brackets arrive. I put the dash just to cover the radio and hide all the cables, will properly install it with usdm brackets. Super happy with how it looks (even now!) Apple Carplay does its job perfectly.

Any ideas what can I put in 2din space which is currently taken by my old jvc radio? I found some 1 din storage cubby but can't find any 2 din ones... And I don't want to spend 10000yen for OEM Subaru Forester storage with cover :(
77D9B8CA-7BF2-4BA2-A7BD-28399341A095.jpeg

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
Any ideas what can I put in 2din space which is currently taken by my old jvc radio?
Check out my post here, take note any flip lids won't interfere with your cupholder:

·
Registered
7 Posts
@broadbean Great, thanks! This would be exactly what I'm after! Do you know if this thing that doesn't move and is not a part of the lid should be on left side (cupholder side) in RHD cars and on the right side in LHD cars or it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
Do you know if this thing that doesn't move and is not a part of the lid should be on left side (cupholder side) in RHD cars and on the right side in LHD cars or it doesn't matter?
I suspect the cup holder side. When you extend the cup holder, the cup or can you put inside takes up space. The fixed part means the flip up lid will not hit that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Makes sense, I'll try with the wreckers in my area :) By the way, since you've upgraded your stereo too - do you know what for are these two plugs I've found not plugged to anything in radio harness?

See below the first one:
DBC63F64-D641-4C68-B967-2FD8E2FB1FC8.jpeg A675DD19-5B7D-4255-9FC1-34275AF8ED0B.jpeg
And second one:
AF82E491-7368-4437-AFB5-AECEEB47D54E.jpeg 1F01A1EB-C633-4FB3-AA6E-3E95B0CB1F26.jpeg

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
what for are these two plugs
The first one I’ve seen similar coming off a glove box light. Do you have one? But doesn’t make sense you can’t detach it in an easier to access area when removing the glove box.

The second one not sure. Maybe goes to the “subwoofer” in the trunk/boot? That won’t be used by aftermarket head units.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts