Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,216 Posts
@subiesurya I'm not surprised, as I've had zero luck on that Car-Parts.com website, yet many people have referred me there. I thought it was just me or what I was looking for?

You can also try direct messaging Subaru parts sellers on eBay, many are wrecking yards & auto recyclers.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
MY07 Forester XT Limited
5 Posts
Hey, is this an actual double din? I like how integrated thos one looks, and would like to use this with an Alpine ILX W650 head unit with the power pack stacked behind it. It's a double din size that's supposedly a shallow mount.

·
Administrator
40,216 Posts
@Antho_Dava the opening is a standard double DIN opening. As far as the depth, not sure there is a standard for that? With that said, many members have installed aftermarket double DIN head units in the dash top POD.

These have been discontinued, so sourcing one could be problematic.

Bobby...

·
Registered
MY07 Forester XT Limited
5 Posts
@2.5x_sleeper Understood. I found one on Ebay currently for a bit more than I want to pay, but it has the top housing, the base, and the brackets that say "navi" on them. This is the model that looks less bulbous.

·
Administrator
40,216 Posts
@Antho_Dava I believe I paid around $65 each, brand new, when I bought 2 of these for our Foresters. Make sure you get the metal mounting brackets (2), or you won't be able to mount the head unit! You won't need the clock relocation bracket.

This is the model that looks less bulbous.
There are 2 versions of the double DIN dash top POD for the SG. The first picture below was the one sold in the USDM. The other one, JDM version, also a double DIN, was sold in other countries. It has a raised front lip & sits slightly forward, compared to the USDM version. See the second comparison picture.

Yes, those on eBay are on the expensive side! These are discontinued, so it's a "seller's market"!

Also...
What year is your Forester?
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

·
Registered
'08 Forester 2.5X Sports 5MT
141 Posts
Hey, is this an actual double din? I like how integrated thos one looks, and would like to use this with an Alpine ILX W650 head unit with the power pack stacked behind it. It's a double din size that's supposedly a shallow mount.
The important dimensions for these pods is the width and height of the bezel on your HU. Most HU will fit the depth, but for example my Eonon HU...I had to trim the pod to fit it. If you have a dremel you should be able to make it work pretty easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please people.... Hello from Perú. I need your Support. Whats its the exactly part number of these part.
The part number 66242SA150ML IS NOT THE PART THAT I NEED.
I need like the picture.... I need your help please. Thanks a lot
received_990106091450408.jpeg

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
109 Posts
You need the USDM one or JDM. The button tray area that has two screws in your shot comes off. If you remove that you can use the JDM one. If you need the top hood part you will use USDM one.

·
Administrator
40,216 Posts
@Robgtr32 welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Your picture shows the front piece of the USDM H0010SA950ML dash POD installed.

Take a look below for the JDM & USDM versions. Note that these could be difficult to to find, as they have been discontinued. I have seen them on eBay, but they are expensive, even for used!

Bobby...

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@2.5x_sleeper Thanks a lot for your Support!!!

Hello again ....whats is the correct name.of this part.
Are the same code of USD and JDM versión? Or is different.
Please can u tell me.the part numberd of thos two parts....thanks a lot!

·
Administrator
40,216 Posts
@Robgtr32 the dash top POD is sold as show below. No installation documentation was provided. No part number on those mounting brackets, other then what you see on my previous picture.

You could e-mail Jackie, my go to Subaru Parts wiz, to see if she has part numbers for those mounting brackets. Her e-mail address is: [email protected]

Bobby...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I’m ordering the JDM navi pod from japanparts and was wondering what mounting bracket you used? I have the USDM pod and was planning on using the mounting brackets from it, but realize it’s probably different. Do you know if USDM and JDM bracket the same? If not would you happen to the the part# or Japanparts#. Thanks!

·
Administrator
40,216 Posts
@MikiiC123 note that @closevo last signed onto the forum 7 months ago. You could send him a PM - Private Message... now called a "conversation" on this new site. He's optioned to receive an e-mail notification, so you could receive a reply to your question.

Bobby...

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
577 Posts
Hello again ....whats is the correct name.of this part.
Are the same code of USD and JDM versión? Or is different.
Do you know if USDM and JDM bracket the same?
Although the JDM pod sits closer to the front, I’m guessing the metal brackets are the same - you just mount the head unit sitting closer?

Japanparts.com sell the left or right one as per Bobby’s post above:

but confusingly the same codes as a pair/set, they look a little different?

·
Registered
9 Posts
@broadbean Hi, thanks for the reply. I did figure it out and the brackets are different. The JDM one uses the mounting hole that the USDM “tray”screws to. This one is for the JDM.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts