Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,105 Posts
@subiesurya I'm not surprised, as I've had zero luck on that Car-Parts.com website, yet many people have referred me there. I thought it was just me or what I was looking for?

You can also try direct messaging Subaru parts sellers on eBay, many are wrecking yards & auto recyclers.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, is this an actual double din? I like how integrated thos one looks, and would like to use this with an Alpine ILX W650 head unit with the power pack stacked behind it. It's a double din size that's supposedly a shallow mount.

·
Administrator
38,105 Posts
@Antho_Dava the opening is a standard double DIN opening. As far as the depth, not sure there is a standard for that? With that said, many members have installed aftermarket double DIN head units in the dash top POD.

These have been discontinued, so sourcing one could be problematic.

Bobby...

·
Registered
4 Posts
@2.5x_sleeper Understood. I found one on Ebay currently for a bit more than I want to pay, but it has the top housing, the base, and the brackets that say "navi" on them. This is the model that looks less bulbous.

·
Administrator
38,105 Posts
@Antho_Dava I believe I paid around $65 each, brand new, when I bought 2 of these for our Foresters. Make sure you get the metal mounting brackets (2), or you won't be able to mount the head unit! You won't need the clock relocation bracket.

This is the model that looks less bulbous.
There are 2 versions of the double DIN dash top POD for the SG. The first picture below was the one sold in the USDM. The other one, JDM version, also a double DIN, was sold in other countries. It has a raised front lip & sits slightly forward, compared to the USDM version. See the second comparison picture.

Yes, those on eBay are on the expensive side! These are discontinued, so it's a "seller's market"!

Also...
What year is your Forester?
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5X Sports Manual
111 Posts
Hey, is this an actual double din? I like how integrated thos one looks, and would like to use this with an Alpine ILX W650 head unit with the power pack stacked behind it. It's a double din size that's supposedly a shallow mount.
The important dimensions for these pods is the width and height of the bezel on your HU. Most HU will fit the depth, but for example my Eonon HU...I had to trim the pod to fit it. If you have a dremel you should be able to make it work pretty easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please people.... Hello from Perú. I need your Support. Whats its the exactly part number of these part.
The part number 66242SA150ML IS NOT THE PART THAT I NEED.
I need like the picture.... I need your help please. Thanks a lot
received_990106091450408.jpeg

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
102 Posts
You need the USDM one or JDM. The button tray area that has two screws in your shot comes off. If you remove that you can use the JDM one. If you need the top hood part you will use USDM one.

·
Administrator
38,105 Posts
@Robgtr32 welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Your picture shows the front piece of the USDM H0010SA950ML dash POD installed.

Take a look below for the JDM & USDM versions. Note that these could be difficult to to find, as they have been discontinued. I have seen them on eBay, but they are expensive, even for used!

Bobby...

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Reactions: tcsubie24
101 - 112 of 112 Posts