Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a vf39, cobb 3" catted dp, 09 sti tmic, spt intake, currently on 16.5lbs. I have the 4EAT whats safe power for it and stock clutch with mature driving. (Ive heard about 300awhp)

My question is. Im considering EWG, EBCS, and a tune to sewhere in the 18.5 to 20lbs, but the fuel ill be running would be 91 oct because that is all that would be abvailable to me. Also, down the road I am considering a new oil pick up and a diff pan. Would this be safe, is EWG safe for my turbo what pound spring is recommended, would a new up pipe be necessary. Is 19.5psi a safe marker.

I dont drive aggressively, just want to have some fun pulls sometimes. I usually drive like its its a fwd corolla in rain.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
56 Posts
My earlier setup on my 04 XT 4EAT was very similar to yours with VF39. You will need a cat less uppipe (GrimmSpeed or STI), larger fuel pump like Walbro 255 and the tuners I’ve worked with don’t like electronics with the VF39, but you should check with them. A killer B oil pick up and tranny cooler would be nice editions.

On a mustang dyno, 300 whp would be difficult to hit without E85 and larger injectors. The problem with larger injections with the 04-06 is sizing unless getting fuel rails installed. You can get DW’s, but they won’t idle great.

I hit 265 whp on 19 lbs, it was still a blast to drive with that 4.44 final drive and low weight for the earlier Forester years.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My earlier setup on my 04 XT 4EAT was very similar to yours with VF39. You will need a cat less uppipe (GrimmSpeed or STI), larger fuel pump like Walbro 255 and the tuners I’ve worked with don’t like electronics with the VF39, but you should check with them. A killer B oil pick up and tranny cooler would be nice editions.

On a mustang dyno, 300 whp would be difficult to hit without E85 and larger injectors. The problem with larger injections with the 04-06 is sizing unless getting fuel rails installed. You can get DW’s, but they won’t idle great.

I hit 265 whp on 19 lbs, it was still a blast to drive with that 4.44 final drive and low weight for the earlier Forester years.
I talked to my tuner about a 90 and 93 octane probably gonna go with out the up pipe and EWG, ordered the ecbs and 18 psi on 90oct and 20 on 93 oct. I expect a good power pick up. I may consider WMI later. But any further stuff for the car would oil supply, and suspension. Thanks for the input. Hoping to get a good wheel hp gain. Not sure what the torque will come out at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts