Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all-

My wife and I are on our third Sube between us. Great cars. Right now we have a 2005 XT with about 60K miles on it with a leaking radiator that is causing slow coolant loss. (BTW- the engine oil and transmission fluids are water-free). I am very familiar with the crimped-on plastic-topped radiators failing (I had a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the same wonderful design) and am preparing for a radiator replacement on the current Sube.

I'm looking for a source for a good replacement, perhaps an all-aluminum design, free from the plastic/metal combination, that are a direct-fit bolt-up for my current stock radiator. Stock may be the best replacement, I don't know.

I've seen threads on this board recommending Radiator Barn and other discount places, but what I really need is direction from someone who has used these sources and their radiators so that I know for sure what replacements work and where they got them.

I am in the Bay Area, Northern California.

Thanks for looking,

-Jason

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
One of the vendors is selling Koyo aluminum rads, this may be exactly what you're looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts