Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. I'm curious (and interested) if the hard cargo-area floor/seatbacks (that come on the LL Bean edition as well as som JDM specials) are interchangeable with the carpeted area that comes standard on the XT? I like that you can just wipe it down instead of using a vacuum. I also like the rub strips down the entire length of the area, it gives it a more durable look. Are they more durable, or is it just a visual thing? Does anyone know where to get them, if they are able to be swapped?!? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
P.S. Here are some pics of what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon guys, a little help!? Somebody has to know something!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
34 Posts
Here's what I know...I thought I would really like them, but then saw them in an LL Bean Forester. The rub strips seemed OK, but the material covering the panels seems to be just vinyl. It didn't seem very durable, and actually looked pretty poorly installed. Completely killed my desire for it, and I was pretty hot for it.
I'm looking for an alternative now. Haven't followed through all the way, but was thinking about some of the spray-in bed liners used on pickups. Linex seems very tough, but I think it is applied hot, and I'm not sure about the fumes. Rhino lining seems too soft, but I don't really know a lot about it.
This is something that has been in the back of my head for a while now, but I just bought my forester today! Don't pickup for a couple of days, but will be working on this soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts