Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5mt
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gallery:

Purchased in '09 after original owner traded it in to Mastro Subaru with 86k on it. It was bone stock, 100% dealer maintained when I bought it. Since then it has been on countless camping trips, shuttled two kids and three dogs, and served as the "truck" on my small hobby farm- resulting in the cosmetic blemishes that you see in the photos. BUT, I only drive about 5k per year, it's never been raced, and it's had Rotella T6 and Mazda RX8 filters since I've owned it. This has been a fantastic car, but I just bought a late model Tundra, and I can't justify having 4 cars and a tractor...

Mods include:
Rallitek front and rear sway bars
Kartboy endlinks
Kartboy Impreza short shifter
Killer B round delrin shift knob
Kartboy Botox bolts & PU bushings pretty much everywhere offered
Curt hitch
Injen 3" catback
Mishimoto aluminum radiator
'05 WRX 17" wheels w/46k miles on them (great condition, no rash)
Upgraded stereo system with Sony head unit, Sony component speakers, dynamat kits, spacers, and excellent under seat sub
I'll throw in a lightweight underdrive pulley if I can find it

Excellent Continental 215 55 17 tires (match factory diameter, and full size spare). Maybe 16k on them

5k miles on brakes and clutch (done December 2018- $2,000 maintenance visit)

Includes two sets of keys and remotes, plus valet key.

The car does suffer from the bizarre, well known "check engine light plus flashing cruise control light" issue:
I tried the gas cap replacement fix and it didn't work. It may also be related to the higher capacity Mazda oil filters. I've ignored it when it happens, since I almost never drive it enough to want the cruise control.

Center dash cubby cover came apart (I didn't bother replacing it), and the driver's seat fabric is worn. Battery tie down and wiper arms are rusty. "SUBARU" letters began coming off a year or so ago, and I preferred having all of them off to some of them. Beyond that, and the cosmetic blemishes in the photos, I'm hard pressed to come up with anything this car actually NEEDS.

Considering the low milage for the age, that there are several thousand in high quality mods, and $2k in recent maintenance, I think $7,400 is a fair price. Vehicle is in Lakeland, FL, right between Tampa and Orlando. I transferred the registration to my new truck, so I can't travel to meet you in it. If you're serious, I'd consider towing it up to 150 miles at my costs (trailer rental & fuel), but only with a $1,000 non-refundable deposit (balance after costs applied toward purchase price). Oh, and I investigate homicides for a living, so investigating scammers sounds like a fun hobby :)

Google email: [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the $2,000 in maintenance? Did you replace the timing belt/water pump? Is the clutch original? Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5mt
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to stop dragging my feet on this. Apologies for not seeing the replies here, but I have email notifications turned on now.

The timing belt was replaced at 60k by the dealer. Not sure about water pump, but I'll check to see if it was done at the same time.

I'll have to read the code again, but I thought when I finally got my Accessport it said that it was related to the air intake. I tried cleaning the MAF sensor, no dice.

The $2k maintenance was the clutch and brakes.

I had a few email inquiries, but the car is still available. I finally listed it locally today.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,324 Posts
@AustinOX Did you need to fit wheel spacers with those WRX wheels? Do you get any rubbing on the rear suspension?

Not interested in buying the car but I have those wheels but seems a bit close and wondered how you managed with the offset.

Free Bump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts