Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT 5MT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone. I Just picked up this 05 XT 5MT. I've been looking for one on and off for about two years and finally found one worth my trigger pull.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT 5MT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great. Congratulations.

Big plans??
Thanks! And Yessir. I have my old exhaust from my late wrx (RIP) still in the basement, so i'll be doing a stage 2, probably putting it on STI struts and springs, and then eventually a VF39, STI TMIC and the rest of the XTI goodness.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
Nice, lovely colour too. The back box from your WRX will need around 2.5" of an extension to clear the bumper and the hangers will need to be lengthened as well or new longer rubber mounts bought. Cutting the exit pipe from the silencer can and adding the extra pipe at that point is probably the easiest place to do it. Failure to do this will melt the plastic bumper, as I did initially, and also increase the likelyhood of CO fumes entering the cabin. All other pipes from the WRX exhaust after the turbo should bolt straight up but be aware of the rear O2 sensor mount.

Let us know when the modding bug bites :lol:.

First fitting, and before I burned the bumper...

..and after. Note the welder wasn't paying attention to the STI logo.

and the 3" straight through setup it replaced and is much better than as well.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT 5MT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, lovely colour too. The back box from your WRX will need around 2.5" of an extension to clear the bumper and the hangers will need to be lengthened as well or new longer rubber mounts bought. Cutting the exit pipe from the silencer can and adding the extra pipe at that point is probably the easiest place to do it. Failure to do this will melt the plastic bumper, as I did initially, and also increase the likelyhood of CO fumes entering the cabin. All other pipes from the WRX exhaust after the turbo should bolt straight up but be aware of the rear O2 sensor mount.

Let us know when the modding bug bites :lol:.

]
Haha, I will! I actually have a greddy evo2 catback that my muffler shop is going to customize to the fozzy. I'm going to try to have him remove the 4" tip and weld in a straight 3" tip. I have to be professional to some degree for work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts