1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XS MY06 Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Newbie here and first post at that!

So have had my car for a year now (2005 Xs MY06 manual) and have started to modify it.
I want it to be an off road trooper so upgrading suspension soon...

My question is what are the benefits of reducing my rim size to 15" Sunraysia and putting BFG All Terrains on opposed to just keeping my 16" Alloy rims and putting 16 BFG All Terrains on?

I'm new to all this and really would appreciate some help.
If anyone knows exact sizes for BFG All Terrains as well which won't rub and fit nicely that would also help so I can order them online to save some money!

Thank you,
Chad.

·
Registered
2005 XS MY06 Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I looked through that link you posted but no one said what we the benefits of going down to a smaller rim size... It looked pretty hectic though grinding the calipers down lol.

Just really after what size will fit perfect and give best result with no rubbing etc.
Looking through there people we're saying 215/65/16 BFG A/T...:mob:

·
Registered
2005 XS MY06 Manual
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe not in BFG A/T... I rang the tyre shop and they said there isn't that size with BFG A/T

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,064 Posts
Benefits of going to a 15" over a 16"?

Pros:
- tires are typically cheaper(but do the cheaper tires off set the cost of the new wheels?)
- more side wall = larger distance between the ground and the wheel. Can be a smoother ride on rough terrain if aired properly
- others of your choice

cons:
- more side wall flex on the street resulting in a delayed or mushy turn in feel
- others of your choice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts