Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Turbo just went out last night. Anyone got any tips on swapping to a bigger turbo and STI intercooler? Just bought full Cobb turbo back exhaust and access port and havent even got to install them yet. Will I have to get a special map from cobb vs the stage 2 map that is already preloaded on the access port if I go with bigger turbo and cooler?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
My Turbo just went out last night. Anyone got any tips on swapping to a bigger turbo and STI intercooler? Just bought full Cobb turbo back exhaust and access port and havent even got to install them yet. Will I have to get a special map from cobb vs the stage 2 map that is already preloaded on the access port if I go with bigger turbo and cooler?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and you have lots of reading to do:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/how-go-faster-than-sti-cheap-8337/

Use the search feature here, we've organized a ton of great information. If you can take that AP back I would, and go get a pro-tune. AP is a generic tune that will work on any XT, pro-tune will optomize your exact setup at your exact altitute on your exact motor if you get what I mean.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Where in California are you? Different areas have install days (we host them in NorCal), and we can help you with installation...beers and tri-tip usually help pay for that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts